SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Baptism of the Holy Spirit...should we ask for it?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
EvangelTam

Re: Sree

Quote:
Such scenarios are possible but neither such a person nor his ministry is any value to God

What do you mean by this? As in that person cannot be used by God or is not loved by Him?

If this is so I disagree since every person who has been called by God to ministered and thus received power from God is His workmanship. He is the one who refines them as He sees fit. For some He may decided to refine them in purity and keep them obscure for serveral years, for others he may empower them and throw them into ministry right away with great success and power and refine them as they go.

I know of many different testimonies of servants called by God who have gone through many different circumstances.

For example David Wilkerson received power and had and awesome testimony that impacted so many ppl but afterward he fell away for a time because he got caught up in the fame (you can listen to his testimony under the video section of this web page called "losing the annointing" or something like that)

I was very confused, upset and angry on this for the longest time. I would come across minsiters who God had clearly used in powerful ways and was still using! (eg. The SPirit came upon them in the middle of a night club and they started to preach to the crowd and many repented) I would also gain much insight from their teaching and preaching BUT at the same time I was also very hurt by their character or some of the things they said. This confused me and brought me to prayer.

God was teaching me that I cannot judge His servant because He is the one working on them in the way He wants. He knows what He wants that servant to do and He moulds them accordingly.

Recently I was reading the testimony of Praying Hyde and something that stuck out to me from the book is that many times we are like people who go into a carpenters workshop and critize His unfinished projects and comment on how ugly they are before we see what the end product is. The carpenter angrily goes of its ugly its not done yet, but I am working on it and still treasure it because it my masterpiece!

I hope this helps those who read this and may be confused about the same thing.

2011/12/2 15:56Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

What do you mean by this? As in that person cannot be used by God or is not loved by Him?

All I am saying is neither this person nor his ministry is pleasing to God. I never talked about God's love. God loves sinners, that is why Jesus had food with them and interacted with them, but if they (tax collectors) had asked him he would have plainly said that he is not pleased with their life.

Quote:

every person who has been called by God to ministered and thus received power from God is His workmanship. He is the one who refines them as He sees fit. For some He may decided to refine them in purity and keep them obscure for serveral years, for others he may empower them and throw them into ministry right away with great success and power and refine them as they go.

I completely agree with this point. I am not telling you that God will make us sinless and then give us power to minister people. We are all work in progress by God and he is perfecting all of us. What I am telling here is God will empower us to overcome Sins that we know are sins. For example a person who receives Baptism of Holy Spirit will not continue to live in same sin, he will receive Power to overcome that sin. There might be many unconscious sin in him but as he knows each and every sin in his life he will readily overcome them. In other words he will keep looking into the life of Jesus everyday and whenever he finds a difference he will immediately overcome the difference because he has power now.

In short after we receive Baptism of Holy Spirit, we will get power to give our life control to Holy Spirit for using it both internally and externally for his good purpose. Internally for sanctification and externally for his ministry.

In the case of David Wilkerson, I am not sure how he fell away but I believe it is possible for a man who received Baptism of Holy Spirit to fall. It is because we stop relaying on his Power. But neither did David's life nor his ministry would have pleased God during THAT PERIOD in which he had this un-repented sin.

Jesus himself said you can identify a good teacher by his fruits and not by his gifts. We all need this discernment.

2011/12/2 16:44Profile
EvangelTam

Re:

Thanks for your clarification it was helpful.

In Christ
Evangel

2011/12/2 16:49Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
Sree wrote:
They may accept that gift because of external attraction but when they try to use it, it will not work for them as well. How is God getting benefitted by such work?

I believe you are wrong here, it will work for them to give God glory because He is God, pure and simple. What you fail to realize is that God is not like us; do you not believe that HE knows the future and/or rough patches of the people He gives gifts to? If you believe the word of God then you must believe this verse....

Ro 11:29 “For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.” No ifs, ands or buts!

That verse means that when God gives a gift, He doesn’t change His mind. If God does takes back the gifts He gives then they are not ‘gifts’ but conditional loans. Even if we misuse the gifts of God or the calling of God, HE DOES NOT TAKE THEM AWAY, now we are accountable for what we do with them. It may not seem right to us mere human beings but this is how God operates.

But that’s just my two cents worth and the understanding the Lord has given me.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/12/4 6:22Profile
Sree

Re: Lysa

I guess there is a huge misunderstanding here. The gift I quoted is the CD player that is not working for me and when I wrap it beautifully and then present it to someone, they might accept the gift (CD player) attracted by the beauty of outside wrap but it will not work for them as well.
Here the non working CD player is my Christian life in which I still have unrepented sins like Pride or immorality.
The gift wrap is the power of preaching or a gift of God for me. And the people accepting the gift are the people I minister Christ to.

2011/12/4 10:13Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Sree

Quote:
I guess there is a huge misunderstanding here.

Sorry, I’ve been at work all day, Sree. And there was no misunderstanding on my part; I knew what you were saying.

God bless you brother,
Lisa

2011/12/4 17:44Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

removed

2011/12/4 17:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy