Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Veneration of His Vulnerability

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
makrothumia

Texas

The Veneration of His Vulnerability

The Veneration of His Vulnerability

The veneration we have come to look upon our Lord with is a direct result of how vulnerable He made Himself in our behalf. “Vulnerable” has a Latin origin that developed into the French word “vulnerare” – to wound. It is our Lord’s wounds that make Him so wonderful; His pain is what made Him so precious. Though being in the very form of God, He condescended to taking the form of a man, becoming not a sovereign – rather a servant, choosing vulnerability over venerability.

He offered His back to those who beat Him. He turned His cheeks to those who tore out His beard. He did not hide His face from mocking and spitting. He stood silent as He was falsely condemned and cruelly mocked. He was despised and rejected of men, a man of sorrows well acquainted with grief. Like one from whom men hide their faces, He was despised and we esteemed Him not. The we – were His own people – we received Him not because we esteemed Him not.

Surely He took up our infirmities, and carried our sorrows, yet we considered Him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed.

He made Himself vulnerable, despicable, condemnable, contemptible so that His Father might become venerable. His vulnerability before men is the reason for His venerability with God. His own rejected Him, His Father respected Him.

Next time we are tempted to grow weary or murmur about the wounds we receive at the hands of others, let’s consider Him who endured such contradiction of sinners so that we do not grow weary and lose heart. If we hope to share in the joy of His veneration, we must first embrace the pain of His vulnerability.

His wounds are still visible in heaven – His vulnerability will be venerated for eternity.

makrothumia

2011/11/16 11:08Profile
dietolive

Re: The Veneration of His Vulnerability

An awesome picture to behold for all eternity. He has shown us the Way to Glory. May we travel in the Master's steps. May we all seek to become just like Him. Amen.

2011/11/16 11:14Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Upon that cross of Jesus mine eye at times can see the very dying form of One Who suffered there for me;
And from my stricken heart with tears two wonders I confess;the wonders of redeeming love and my unworthiness.

2011/11/16 12:48Profile

Revelation 5

And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. And they sung a new song, saying,

Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice,

Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying,

Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

2011/11/16 23:21

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy