SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Mind Reading Technology

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Mind Reading Technology

I find it unsettling that technology is advancing close to the point where experts could read your mind, know what you are thinking. I would suppose the technology could be helpful when working to determine guilt for a crime committed. It might even be cheaper then sitting a jury to hear the case tried. Still, it is unnerving to think that someone else could read your thoughts...

Here is the link to a commentary to this advancing technology:

EDIT: I removed the link because of a pic on the page I find unedifying. Sorry....

EDIT: I did find another link that discusses this issue but from a more scientific angle:

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/12/135598390/mind-reading-technology-turns-thought-into-action

Does this possibility concern you?

2011/11/13 9:11Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Mind Reading Technology

Since it is, that the article says, surgery is required for the technology to work, it does not concern me.

And even if it did not require surgery, it still would not concern me.

This, however, does concern me.

Hebrews 4v12, 'For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.'

Verse 13 tells us all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

As it is, the technology can advance to where surgery will not be necessary to read the mind.

No doubt, they are more looking to use this on suspected spies and others.

May our faith and confidence be in God and His word, no matter what.

2011/11/14 1:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy