SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Can anyone prove heaven is our eternal home?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

How about this one in Hebrews:

Hbr 12:23 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,
12:24 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn [who are] registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,

The heavenly Jerusalem, where the Church of The Firstborn (Jesus) are!.

Also Ephesians tells us that we have ALRAEDY been raised up and are seated in Christ in the heaven.

Eph 2:6 and raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in the heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus,

So When we leave this mortal life we just catch up to where we already belong. Like going home we say! Like an ambassador who serves and lives in a foreign country, when we retire we go back to our heavenly home. Praise God!

2011/11/8 9:46Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Can anyone prove heaven is our eternal home?

The following doesn't sound like we are going to be in heaven but on the earth reigning with our King!....

• To him that OVERCOMETH will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. (Rev 2.7)

• He that OVERCOMETH shall not be hurt of the second death. (Rev 2.11)

• To him that OVERCOMETH will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. (Rev 2.17)

• He that OVERCOMETH and keepeth my works UNTO THE END, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. (Rev 2.26)

• He that OVERCOMETH the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. (Rev 3.5)

• Him that OVERCOMETH will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. (Rev 3.12)

• To him that OVERCOMETH will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. (Rev 3.21).

• He that OVERCOMETH shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. (Rev 21.7)

God bless,
Lisa

PS: A good book that goes into great detail about this is "The Crucible and the Crown." Used at amazon.com it's 3.99 + 3.99 s/h.
http://www.amazon.com/Crucible-Crown-Church-Tribulation/dp/0967354803/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1320769786&sr=8-4

2011/11/8 12:08Profile
MikeH

Well, I can prove it isn´t, does that help? :-)

"Rev 21:1-3 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. (2) And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (3) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God."

It seems clear from the end of Revelation that our 'eternal' home will be the new Earth and God will dwell amongst us. What that new earth will be like, is probably impossible to imagine, especially as we consider what the Lord appeared like at the beginning of Revelation. Both Jerusalem and the Bride are pictures of the church, so this picture is very clear.

I have focussed on your word 'eternal' and the time from Rev 21 onwards is clear. Until then, there is perhaps more to debate.

Kind regards
Mike

2011/11/8 15:35Profile

Re:

Where are our fence riding friends to proove it's both??

Krispy

2011/11/8 15:56
njhoover

Re:

I made a bo-bo using the word "inheritance." I know we receive part of our inheritance in part when we become followers of Christ.

The main reason I started this thread is because I have a concept of where we live out eternity and I wanted to see if people much wiser than I am could shoot holes in it.

From my understanding of the scriptures, the ONLY time we go to heaven is immediately following the resurrection of the righteous. Then we spend the rest of the time (1) reigning on earth with Christ in the millennium and (2) living with him and the Father in New Jerusalem on the new earth.

2011/11/8 16:50Profile

Re:

There's nobody claiming to be "wiser" than you here but Paul did say twice, that to be "absent from the body is to be present with the LORD" [present tense] and the thief on the cross next to Jesus was told, "Today shall you be With Me in Paradise". Understood your question right off and answered with those verses on the first page - but if ya want to wait until we're given our glorified bodies to see Heaven, if you die before that day - you'll have to take that up with HIM. :)

Shalom!

2011/11/8 17:03
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Jesus tells us in John 14 that in his Father's house are many mansions and that he goes to prepare a place for us. SO, where that physical location is matters not to me. I just know it will exceed our most wonderful imagination and that is good enough for me. :-)

Does a saint get there upon death? Good question! Since I am unsure what will happen to the spirit upon the body's decease, I just know that it belongs to God and he will take good care of it. :-)

I love the fact there will be no sin in heaven, nor anything that makes a lie. The weather will be perfect...no floods or hurricanes or tornadoes, or tears..it just will be wonderful. If we believe this why do we allow so many stupid things distract us from our goal? (And what is meant by stupid? I will let you decide - I suspect its identity will differ amongst us all.)

2011/11/8 17:04Profile
njhoover

Re:

The problem I have with using 2 Corinthians 5:8 to support an instantaneous heaven dwelling is 1 Corinthians 15:50 "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable."

That says to me, without our imperishable bodies, we cannot inhabit the kingdom of God.

As for Luke 23:43, there's no way the verse means the thief would be with Jesus THAT day in heaven.

The ESV translates the passage as, "And he said to him, 'Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.'"

Notice the placement of the comma. It indicates the translator's assumption that the thief went immediately to heaven with Jesus. In the Greek, there are no such punctuation marks to indicate this is the case.

John 20:17 says, "Jesus said to her, 'Do not cling to me, FOR I HAVE NOT YET ASCENDED to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'’”

And John 3:13 says, "NO ONE HAS ASCENDED into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man."

Therefore, it is impossible for the thief to have been in heaven that day - regardless of whether you think we go to heaven instantly after death.

2011/11/8 18:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
The problem I have with using 2 Corinthians 5:8 to support an instantaneous heaven dwelling is 1 Corinthians 15:50 "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable."

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be *absent from the body*, and to be present with the Lord.

Why would anyone think that if we died tonight, that we wouldn't be "present with The LORD"?

njhoover, just wondering if you believe in "soul sleep"?

I would wonder 'where' Elijah and Enoch took off 'to'.

I would wonder - Did Jesus have to 'wake up' Moses and Elijah to appear on the Mount with Him in front of His disciples.

I also wonder why you would think that The Saints in Rev 7 are those 'after the Coming of The LORD and after the resurrection' and not in Heaven - when this is still the period of the sixth seal - before the 7 trumpets are given to the 7 angels... if you're post-trib.

2011/11/9 1:05

brother (or sister?) Hoov, i havent read any of the thread, or much of your post, save the three questions...i mean no offense by that.....but you know what? just my personal testimony, i've gotten to where my dependence, my faith, my love in God, and for God, has gotten so child like, that in the watches of my heart, i just cling to Him like a child, and have no fears, or doubts about the Working of Jesus in me and thru me, Hebrews 13 is a great chapter to eat of, "the New Jerusalem"...sometimes i can almost "see" it.....

i'm sorry if i didnt satisfy you with that answer, but lets pray what the disciples prayed aloud to Jesus, "Increase our Faith!"...in Jesus' love, neil

2011/11/9 8:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy