SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Believing God has a Plan for Your Life Might Improve Mental Health

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Believing God has a Plan for Your Life Might Improve Mental Health

When I think of the impact that Darwinian philosophy had had on our world I am saddened. Man was created by God and he was created for a purpose. Paul talks in Romans 1-4 about the innate knowledge of a God and of the fact that we will be accountable to Him. Some know Him and His laws and others make laws unto themselves, clearly demonstrating an innate knowledge of the difference between right and wrong and thus admitting a higher standard or source than themselves of that difference between right and wrong. When man is taught that he has no purpose and that he is merely an animal, that teaching has a profound impact. There is something in man that cries out against that teaching. If the teaching is believed, it causes something like a death in the person. The people who believe this fully and are consistent lose their reason for life and end up morally bankrupt. This has great emotional and mental impact. So, to learn the truth that you really do have a purpose is consistent with a better emotional and mental state.

2011/11/10 17:23Profile

Re:

Brother Travis, you hit the nail on the head. I tried to explain this to my dad, back in the 90's - that teaching children that all we are is an accident of some glob of something causing some evolutionary chain and that "we're all just animals" would cause them to lose human dignity.
I downloaded this article when it came out and one would have to fight the tears, reading it.
Biblically ~ "Children are a gift from GOD" ...

'Children behaving like animals, Barnardo's survey finds'

Anne Carrie thinks that children are being given up on and notes in an interview that the good a lot of the kids do is overlooked. Interesting to see what was found. Can see why many think this way and not just in Briton.
3 November 2011 Last updated at 02:11 ET

The children's charity says the research suggests society holds a negative view towards children despite the majority being well behaved.

Of the more than 2,000 people questioned by ICM Research, 44% said young people were becoming feral.

Barnado's chief executive Anne Marie Carrie said it was "depressing" so many were ready to give up on children.

Almost half of Britons think children are violent and starting to behave like animals, a Barnardo's survey suggests.

The children's charity says the research suggests society holds a negative view towards children despite the majority being well behaved.

Of the more than 2,000 people questioned by ICM Research, 44% said young people were becoming feral.

Barnado's chief executive Anne Marie Carrie said it was "depressing" so many were ready to give up on children.

The survey revealed that:

* 49% agreed children are beginning to behave like animals
* Almost 47% thought youngsters were angry, violent and abusive
* One in four said those who behaved badly were beyond help by the age of 10
* Whilst 36% thought children who get into trouble need help, 38% disagreed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15568442

2011/11/10 18:31

Re:

But to say to someone that God has a wonderful plan for their life may not be the truth.

There are many Christians that are just your average believer that go to work, fathers and mothers their children, share a testimony here and there, grow old and die. This is the majority of believers, this is the place that God has put them and they have done their part for king and country, and nothing more is asked of them.

Not everyone is called to be a disciple. Not everyone is a disciple. Jesus hand picked 12 men that He would disciple to serve the Church just as He did for His own. Some are called to hazard theirs lives for Christ, thousands of others are protected from that by what those who have been discipled have been called to do, love the Church by laying their lives down for it.

How does one define "A wonderful plan"?

It's been shown that those that have mental health issues and have the Bible read to them improve.

To believe that God has a wonderful plan for my life just because I want to believe it would cause more stress to maintain the illusion that what I believe to be the truth is in fact not the truth.

Now if God speaks that into my spirit than that is a different ball game altogether.

But don't lie to yourself and get into the realm of the name and claim it and blabbing it and grabbing it crowd, we have enough of that phony baloney going around.

2011/11/10 20:42
joliboy11

Philippines

Re:

http://www.freewonderfulbook.com/

to the Corinthians:

1Co 4:8 Already you are full! Already you are rich! You have reigned as kings without us! And oh that indeed you did reign, that we also might reign with you.
1Co 4:9 For I think that God has set forth us last, the apostles, as it were appointed to death; for we have become a spectacle to the world and to angels and to men.
1Co 4:10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You are honorable, but we are despised.
1Co 4:11 Even until this present hour we both hunger and thirst and are naked and are buffeted and have no certain dwelling place.
1Co 4:12 And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it;
1Co 4:13 being defamed, we entreat. We are made as the filth of the world, the offscouring of all things until now.
1Co 4:14 I do not write these things to shame you, but as my beloved children I warn you.
1Co 4:15 For though you have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for I have begotten you in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
1Co 4:16 Therefore I beseech you, be imitators of me.

to Laodicea church:

Rev 3:16 So because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because you say, I am rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing, and do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked,
Rev 3:18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold purified by fire, so that you may be rich; and white clothing, so that you may be clothed, and so that the shame of your nakedness does not appear. And anoint your eyes with eye salve, so that you may see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten; therefore be zealous and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him and he with Me.
Rev 3:21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame and have sat down with My Father in His throne.
Rev 3:22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

2011/11/10 23:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy