SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : CONFINED TO THE KITCHEN? The Lord Doesn’t Put Women in This Box

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
are you all of one denomination

Hi Leenza, your question got me thinking. Paul said, “For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”Phil. 1:21 We know that Paul counted everything else as “rubbish” – even his distinct religious heritage. When all our temporal distinctions and identities (like denomination) lose their fascinations, then we are free to know Christ and his sufferings.

Paul wrote: “…that you stand firm as one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel….” 1:27 This suggests that as we learn FIRST the implications of being one in spirit and purpose under God, then our contentious-prone temporal distinctions will fall into line. We must not make them our first priority. The priority is on what brings his children, into “oneness” in purpose and spirit. Then we can spare ourselves of much time and mental energy related to our distinctions (be that gender/denomination/race etc). After all, “In Christ there is neither Greek nor Jew, male nor female….”

And then – surely we will know each other in ways not possible through natural means – as we grow in our union with the Head.

May God move us in that direction – that we may be instruments of revival in the land.

Don't you desire that more than anything else!

Do read Philippians, and note where God directs your eyes.
Diane

2011/11/5 8:10Profile
mama27

Re:

"Was wondering, are you all of one denomination, or do you all know each other?"

Leeza,
I can't speak for anyone else, but I have gotten to know several of the women here on SI. I attend an independent Baptist church, but I am not necessarily aligned with the Baptists. Would prefer a house church actually - that has been our best church experience....

2011/11/5 9:14Profile
Leeza

Re:

Thanks for answering! you all just seem to know each other, and I thought you went to the same church :)

2011/11/6 16:38Profile
mama27

Re:

I understand just what you mean, Leeza. You are newer here than I am, but I am only here a year. I thought the same thing - how do these people all know each other?? I guess it comes from people responding to your posts, or saying they will pray for you. And sometimes a certain type of post speaks to your heart, and you find that you are drawn to a certain post-er as we are all at different places in life. Maybe that leads to what seem to be friendships. I think though that people are from all over the country (and the world)...a beautiful thing about the body of Christ.

2011/11/6 17:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Leeza wrote:
"Was wondering, are you all of one denomination, or do you all know each other?"

I have never met anyone from SI except for Joy Corville and a local lady who posts infrequently. If you post here long enough, read everyone's posts you soon learn to know people. I have emailed privately some posters, discussed issues not pertinent for forum discussions. There is always a delight to get a PM from someone. I have done some things others consider horrible: I met two ladies, one from another discussion board and invited them into our home for the night! We so much enjoyed their visit! The one person had her children concerned - was worried we might be some crooks that are out there working to harm them! But such trust can happen when you communicate a lot, even if it is on the forum. (Having said this, I may frown on it if it would involve my child...:-0)

No, we are from different churches. But when people love the LORD, church affiliation matters little. Believe it or not, but I have been talking and emailing several years with a [former] Catholic lady I met online. It gets very interesting and edifying.

mama27 wrote:
"And sometimes a certain type of post speaks to your heart, and you find that you are drawn to a certain post-er as we are all at different places in life. Maybe that leads to what seem to be friendships. I think though that people are from all over the country (and the world)...a beautiful thing about the body of Christ."

True. So true.

ginnyrose

2011/11/6 18:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Diane,

You ask some important questions.

I suppose my quote that I have wished I could live to be 200 YO might convey the idea that my life is all roses...I never thought of that until I read your post. It ain't so. I just enjoy life and wish I had more time to do everything I find interesting.

My life has been difficult. The trials and tests many. But God was always there to sustain me. I have wondered why I am still alive? I have had one accident when I was a child that leaves me shaking my head: I was riding on a hay wagon when Dad hit a pot hole, throwing me off of it under the wheel of the wagon. Yes, I was run over and had no broken bones to show for it either. In my teen years I was suicidal, but God kept me. Yes, God has sustained me and in the midst of working hard, I find God a delight, his word a pleasure to delve into. I am of the opinion that the closeness the Bible characters had with God can be true of us as well. All it takes is a willingness to walk with him. That is all and go where he takes you.

QUOTE:
"How do we minister to the countless Christian wives who are troubled because their husbands are difficult, are passive in their faith, not taking the “reigns” as she expects, or do not have the capacity to relate well. What about those countless women who have no escape from abuse, exploitation, and violence."

No husband is perfect. Too many wives think their husband should be God incarnate, failing to realize we are to assist them, not expecting them to do everything for us and we sit back and do nothing. And when it is not forthcoming, we tend to whine and complain. Marriage is a join venture - all the way. I think too many wives fail to understand this. And I suspect too many men look at their wives as an outlet for their physical drives without considering that she is indeed a human being that desires to be loved as a human being, not as a servant or sexual object. The dysfunction that exists between husbands and wives has its roots in the curse placed upon women because of sin in the garden. Now, it is up to us to deal with it, like we do any other kind of pain. We do not fight pain, but work to heal it, so it is with husband/wife relationships.

One complaint I keep hearing by men is the wife's refusal to forgive her husbands alleged misbehaviors. Too many wives are so embittered by their husband's selfishness that they will not allow him a chance to redeem himself. This is so sad. And it happens all the time, even among religious people. They become bitter, perfect cranks...

Diane, your question...seems to me one should work at the heart of the issue, and not the surface one. The apparent issue is simply an exposure of what is in the heart. And here you need females to help females and men to help males and sometimes the two work together to bring about reconciliation. But the feminist movement has created an environment that too many females think they are better off dumping their husband and go it alone, independent of any male or they go find another prince charming that promises them the moon but end up giving them a rotten stick!

God designed life to be difficult so we will experience a need for Him. We are blessed when we recognize this need and allow Him to fill the void within our heart.

God bless...

ginnyrose

2011/11/6 18:47Profile
Leeza

Re:

Thanks for answering, I had put a post up one day for prayer, and no one responded. I think it was cause I am new, and the subject was my hubby's job loss. People at church have been very scarce since he lost his job...real strange. Do people think it is catching? But, we have learned to trust Him more, so it may be part of growing.

2011/11/6 20:16Profile
mama27

Re:

Awww, Leeza - I don't even remember seeing it. Please don't feel people don't care. I can only speak for myself, but I most always try to stop and pray immedately when I see a prayer request come through, b/c sometimes life gets busy. But sometimes I don't have time to post to say I am praying. I know it has meant a lot to me when people have responded that they are praying. Sometimes we feel so alone, don't we?

I have walked the job loss road too - I will pray - pls keep us posted. God bless you!

2011/11/6 21:02Profile
Leeza

Re:

Thanks for caring, it means so much in the body of Christ. God is totally providing, but it is such an encouragement when people pray. Could you pray that He makes His will clear, and that we will have ears to hear, and hearts to respond. My son also just lost his job, and may not get any unemployment because he had a contract....he has three little ones. We want to help them, and we want to honor God.

2011/11/6 21:15Profile
mama27

Re:

I will be praying, Leeza...maybe you should post your request again....I couldn't find it...We are in hard times, but what better way for God to get the glory! Bless you for wanting to honor Him!

2011/11/6 21:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy