SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : CONFINED TO THE KITCHEN? The Lord Doesn’t Put Women in This Box

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Leeza

Re:

Mamma 27, just read your post.
Thank you for sharing, and I praise Him for your obedience.

2011/11/3 22:58Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you dietolive and Sarah and Leeza for your encouragement....and Sarah, can you pray for 2 sons?? They are enamored with the world.....God bless...Mama

2011/11/4 0:28Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I am glad to see these women's topics being talked about even if it is for selfish reasons on my part. I have about 3 weeks left in which to write my paper. My professor told us not to think of the paper as an argumentative paper but rather one of a soapbox. What ticks you off about things.

The twist on my part is that I cannot use the bible to say 'The bible says .....' instead of I have to say something such as 'This group believe and teaches.. insert verse' and tell how it relates to a woman's issue.

I have some ideas in which to write about, I just have to get them down on paper and see how they come out. In the process I look for links, online, in which to use for citations beyond the textbook that I can use.

John

2011/11/4 16:25Profile
mama27

Re:

I tried to answer your questionnaire last weekend, John, except that I don't fit the profile as I don't have a church that I am a part of. I tried the best I could and then somehow I deleted all that I had written....at that point I gave up - sorry.....maybe this conversation will help you somehow.

2011/11/4 17:21Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Love it, mama27! Just thought I better make it official by posting it online! :-)

2011/11/4 17:36Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

mama27
You are ok.

What is amusing to me is I have sent this questionaire, by email. To 3 independent baptist church, one of them twice and I have not been acknowledged by them that they received it. My thinking is they think it is junk mail? Yet I did tell them who I was and such. I wondered, if I physically took one to a church and left an email with them if I would get a response?

2011/11/4 19:07Profile
mama27

Re:

I'm really sorry....my guess is just that people are plain TOO BUSY and don't want to take the time if they even got it. You could try hand-delivering it - sometimes a kind face helps :)

2011/11/4 20:09Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I don't think it is a matter of being too busy. People tend to do things they like to do if they don't like it they throw it away.

2011/11/4 21:15Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Me deprived? Ya kidding! I have so many opportunities that I used to say I wished I could live to be 200 years old so I could do all the things I want.

Ginnyrose, It is lovely to see your expression of delight in your lot in life. I know you give God the credit.

It would be wonderful see more who can enjoy their life situation so much. But it seems to be the exception far more than the norm. While there are Biblical and cultural ideals, people must live in the reality.

How do we minister to the countless Christian wives who are troubled because their husbands are difficult, are passive in their faith, not taking the “reigns” as she expects, or do not have the capacity to relate well. What about those countless women who have no escape from abuse, exploitation, and violence. (This theme is drummed out a lot these days – but it is common – and always has been.)

While some of us are privileged to rejoice over our good situation, many cannot. Many are afraid to share their pain for fear of being misunderstood, chastised or criticized. Or they mask it behind bravados – maybe even domineering- controlling behaviors. Underneath there is fear and pain – and a sense of helplessness and hopelessness.

Surely we are called to see life through their eyes, to weep with them, , and somehow point them to their true source of joy: Jesus Christ.

Jesus said, “Blessed are the poor in spirit”. Blessed means “favored”, “honored”. And isn’t that just what Jesus did for many broken women – those disgraced in their own culture for one reason or another.

Surely no kitchen, no career, no husband, nothing can come close to giving the satisfaction that Christ can give.

Isn’t that what matters most!

Diane

2011/11/4 21:47Profile
Leeza

Re:

Was wondering, are you all of one denomination, or do you all know each other?

2011/11/5 0:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy