SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Did Christ miss a chance to knock it out of the park?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Sree

Re:

Quote:
Therefore, by not "hitting it out of the park," he's confirming the Apostles' expectation of a united Israel in an earth based kingdom.

Obviously it is true, why do you even have to prove that by a post? God's promise is always true, he promised the descendents of Israel a promise land and he will fulfill it though he made a different covenant to us (gentiles & jews) the spiritual Israel.
Though Jesus talked about a new covenant promise of kingdom coming true, the disciples understood it as a old covenant promise of Kingdom. He din't ask them to forget the old promise that God made, he said that will be fulfilled in God's set time.
The proof that God will give them the land back is a nation Israel that is formed almost 2000 years after Christ's death.

John 18:36- "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

So we who live my new covenant promises, for us the Kingdom that Jesus referred here is the kingdom of God. A reconciliation with God and to live a Godly life. A kingdom in which we all obey God and can obey him through the power of Holy Spirit.

SO PLEASE DO NOT TAKE FEW WORDS OUT OF CONTEXT AND PREACH THAT MATERIAL PROMISES ARE STILL TRUE UNDER NEW COVENANT.

2011/11/3 1:41Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Did Christ miss a chance to knock it out of the park?

He did knock it out of the park, and He did not miss anything, "It is finished".

All the Father said for Him to do is done. Satan defeated, the works of the law unto salvation taken away, His death, His stripes, His resurrection, His asention into the Heavens, the house of our Father Jesus is preparing for His body the Church, His come again in new birth in the believer, Born again, His Spirit in us, made unto us wisdom, righteousness, santification and redemption. Just to name a few.

You speak of a home run, this is the whole game, done, over all accomplished for the Father and us The Father has given to JESUS.

In Christ and He in us: Phillip

2011/11/3 3:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy