SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : HOME CHURCH OR SIMPLE CHURCH

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Nubie is probably a "hit & run" poster. We get them now and then. They post something in order to sow discord and provoke arguments, and then get a kick out of watching what develops. Not usually interested in anything constructive. Some of them view themselves as prophets, and will not be accountable to anyone.

I'm willing to give Nubie the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully this is not the case with her. We will see.

Krispy

2011/11/2 9:50

Re:

Hi Joyful,

My preference is small groups, too. Where everyone has freedom to share. But we must keep our hearts in such a place that we can go in and out of any religious setting just like Jesus and the Apostles did.

We may not like the doctrines and traditions of man and certainly don't have to accept them, but we cannot close our hearts off to people or we become ineffective ministers of Christ.

2011/11/2 10:00

Re:

Julius... right on, bro!

I made that mistake when we were house churching. Had a real "us against them" mentality. Many people that house church have been burned before, and rather than forgive and be healed by the Holy Spirit they begin to join together with people who have been hurt before too. Rather than heal, many fester.

Of course, that can NOT be said of all house churches. Some are run very Biblically and done for the right reasons! But my experience has been that that is the exception, and not the rule.

Krispy

2011/11/2 11:47
Sree

Re: HOME CHURCH OR SIMPLE CHURCH

Nice Post, instead of Judging your attitude like those who did here. I appreciate the truth in your post. It is true that God wants Church to be like this and I am fortunate that God has blessed me with such a church. All CFC (bother Zac teaching based) chuches are like this. We meet at home or in a prayer hall and food is served to all. It is great to fellowship with people and sitting and eating with them, forgetting your social differences.
But saying this the role of Big churches cannot be ignored. I asked Borther Zac about this and asked him why God has still let such big churches to survive. He answered -all these Churches have their roles, they are evangelical meetings where anyone can walk-in and hear God's word. Though it is being preached for money, it is still God's word. If the heart of the listener is true then he/she will turn away from evil and one's they are born again they will realize this church where they heard the truth is actually not practicing truth. So they will move to a true fellowship.
It happened to me and God led me to a wonderful home fellowship because I longed for truth.
Bothers and sisters please do not condemn this poster though by accepting him you may think that you are going against your big denomination churches. One day you will know the truth and turn to a true church where people share the word of God not for money but to save souls for God.

2011/11/3 2:34Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Totally agree Jilius.

2011/11/3 12:07Profile

Re:

You can't really say which one is better or more useful, it depends if the church is seeking the Lord truly and honestly is worshipping the Lord rightly biblically following the scriptures or desiring honestly to honor God from his word as much as they possibly can or that to be their goal.I just read a book by Mark Dever which was called 9 marks of a healthy church, was a short bok, but it definitely was helpful. Some of those marks were 1. expositional preaching, biblical theology, knowing the good news or gospel,biblical church membership, church discipline, biblical evangelism, knowing true conversion, church leadership, discipleship. That list is not in order, but it was very helpful in reflecting from God's word a biblical church not a perfect church, but close to it. It would definitely be helpful in many of the churches house or building or whatever to run the churches not by their denominational constitution, but by the biblical command and ways of the early church and jesus words.

2011/11/3 12:37

Re:

Quote:
Bothers and sisters please do not condemn this poster though by accepting him you may think that you are going against your big denomination churches. One day you will know the truth and turn to a true church....

Boy we sure have to be careful with this. There are as many problems in a small house church as there are in "the big denominations". The #1 problem in house churches is PRIDE.

Let me say something here to everyone: if you have to justify the way you "do" church by tearing down others who do it differently from you... you're doing it for the wrong reason.

Scripture tells us plainly how to meet together as a church. It does not tell us to meet in homes, and it does not tell us to meet in cathedrals. It does tell us how to set up the authority structure (authority is a word most house churchers HATE)... which is a group of elders. It tells us how to choose and utilize deacons. It tells us how those within the church should treat one another, and how to treat those outside the church.

Beyond that... meet wherever you wish. If you belong to a big ol' church or you meet in someone's basement it does not matter.

The amount of haughtiness demonstrated by some of you house churchers (not all!) is shocking to me, and is the main reason my wife and I ceased with the house church movement. The Lord convicted me of my pride and my haughty attitude toward those who I viewed as "blindly going to the denominations".

Well guess what... denominations are not evil! Those who go to big churches are YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS if God has truly saved them.

So get over yourselves, house churchers.

As for you who attend "regular" churchers, you can get over yourselves too.

Meet where you want, obey Jesus and love the brethren. If you meet in a house and you are proud of it... then may... well, er... just get over yourself.

Krispy

2011/11/3 12:40
savedtoserve

Re:

Thanks for the breath of fresh air, Krispy!

God bless!

savedtoserve

2011/11/3 14:20Profile
Sree

Re:

If you see Revelations, God spoke about 7 Churches and out of those only 2 were pleasing God. Which means roughly only 20% of Churches were true to God in 1st century with Apostles directly governing them.
Now we are in 21st century, what do you think the percentage of Churches will be?
One needs to examine oneself to see whether they are becoming more like Christ by being in one Church. If you stay with a Church for many years and are still struggling with same sin then there is something wrong with you or your church.
If you seek God earnestly he will definitely put you in right church. I agree that home churches can get into pride and legalism, but in most of the Big denomination churches the preachers are already preaching for money and compromising on the word of God in order to not offend people.

2011/11/3 14:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
but in most of the Big denomination churches the preachers are already preaching for money and compromising on the word of God in order to not offend people.

You dont think that happens in the house churches too? I can tell you... it does!

The rest of what you said was true. Good word.

By the way, it's not "RevelationS"... there is only ONE Revelation... and thats Jesus Christ. Singular. (Sorry, thats a pet peave of mine... drives me nuts)

Krispy

2011/11/3 15:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy