SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
luke673

Tennessee

Question

One of the kids in my sunday school class asked me a question. If Adam and Eve didnt eat of the tree would we still have sin? to my knowledge the answer would be no because this was the first sin and if it had not happened then we would still be in a garden like state walking with God. what are your thoughts on this just curious.

2011/10/30 22:52Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Question

For the child, the simple answer is what you stated. Good job, they can't handle all the what if's!!! Child like faith!

God bless,
Lisa

2011/10/30 23:47Profile

It would depend on the age of the kids in your SS class. If they are 10 or older, you can definitely go into more detail. Younger... probably not. Depends on the kids.

But you have at least one kid who is thinking! Thats great.

The first sin was not eating the fruit. That was the first law that man broke. But sin started as a seed within the heart... "you will be like God" was enticing, and appealed to their PRIDE. Eve sinned before she ate the fruit. Eating the fruit was the manifestation of the sin of pride. It was the acting out of it.

It can be a good thing to point out, especially to kids old enough to understand this. What that will do is cause them to look deeper within their own hearts when they do sin. It will go a long way in showing them how wretched and evil their own hearts are, and why they need a Saviour.

Then someday when Ray Comfort comes up to them with a camera and a microphone and asks them if they are a "good person"... the kid and rightly answer "No! I'm not!"

Krispy

2011/10/31 8:37
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Sin was bound to happen at some point in time. Scripture informs us that Jesus was slain from the foundation of the world. Revelation 13:8. God was prepared for it so it did not take him by surprise.

A person can speculate about the "what ifs" but they are many times rooted in idealism which is opposite of realism. In any case, someday the works of the devil will be destroyed and let us be sure we will not be in that camp.

A rabbit trail: I find it interesting that people will suggest that if they had been in the garden they would not have succumbed to the wiles of the devil. Yet, how many times do we still fall to the wiles of the devil in life? Krispy mentioned that the original sin was pride, wanting to be like God, displacing Him. This is true. "Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall" (Proverbs 16:18)...yup, pride and a haughty spirit leads the parade.

Luke, you must have some observant children in your class...sounds like a challenge to teach and that should be so delightful!

2011/10/31 11:22Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

How true ginny, Now I am in control of my life and with Gods help I will be pleasing to Him. NOT!!! Truth; God is in control of every aspect of my life and only by His Son birthed in me am I pleasing to Him. I still stumble with this and try to take over and do what I think is right. It always comes out that I had nothing to do with my circumstances and situations, the C&S gang, it was and is God always. Slowly I come back into the rightness of The Christ God has given me. I must fight the good fight, but it is Him that is my Commander, what a wonderful leader He Truly is. The Cross proves it in all I do.

In Chrsit: Phillip

2011/10/31 17:15Profile
luke673

Tennessee

I teach kids that are 13 to 18 years old. I love each one of them. they are great kids. I recently put a box out for them to write questions and put in, sometimes kids are afraid to ask questions in public (and so are adults). but I have gotten some good responses from this. thanks for all your imput on this.

luke
up from the grave he arose!

2011/11/1 8:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy