SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray that I'll get employment soon

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
beatenpath

Please pray that I'll get employment soon

Family in Christ,

I'm in need of prayer for employment. My family and I just moved into a new city because my wife had gotten a promotion. I've submitted my resume to a number of companies this past week and I'm hoping I'd get a call back early next week. Thanks.

2011/10/30 1:27Profile
standing

Re: Please pray that I'll get employment soon

Dear Brother,

Is there any reason your wife has to work?

The bible instructs/commands men to work to provide for their families, and the women are instructed to be a keeper of the home, and a helpmeet to their husbands.

It sounds like in your case your wife is doing the work, following her career taking the promotion, whilst you are taking the back seat. Is this so?

If this is the case, can I suggest that your wife submits to your requirements in finding employment.

in Christ

2011/10/30 6:31Profile
sam09

UK

Dear Brother,

Our family will be praying for you and your employment according to God's will - for His glory. God bless you and your family

Sam

2011/10/30 8:01Profile
ManofGod0000

BeatenNpath

Let me say this,

U will b employed as it is fitting for now, I have found this to be true. Our heavenly father will provide, you may not eat steak n potatoes, rent may not always b timely, but God will provide, n through this try not to sweat or faint.

Cry and plead in prayer and in waiting, there is no other way. YES, continue to be proactive in your search for a job, but know God is looking out for you! Bro, if your wife has to work, then by all means feel no condemnation or "skepticism" to go that route also.

With Love

2011/10/30 11:03Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Praying and believing with you and the others. I always say, ask, then thank the Lord for hearing and His provision even before He has answered my prayer. I know He hears and is working on it and I can thank Him for it before I see it. All glory to God. He is a loving and faithful Father.

2011/11/2 9:19Profile

Re:

Wow, a guy asks for prayer for employment, and without knowing ANY of the details of this situation someone uses this as an opportunity to rebuke him?

Seriously?

Speaking without knowledge is the definition of a fool.

Anyway, I will pray for your situation, brother... you do with your family as the Lord leads you.

Krispy

2011/11/2 9:55

Re:

Praying for you, too.

2011/11/2 10:02
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Praying, brother. Be encouraged!

2011/11/2 11:57Profile
Nellie

Re:

Our Lord will supply.
Praying that He will come to your rescue soon.
God Bless
Nellie

2011/11/2 12:45Profile
beatenpath

Re:

Thanks guys! Things are looking good at the moment - PRAISE GOD! I got called for an interview this week and both the chief engineer and general manager of a local hotel chain liked what they saw in my resume. My background in hvac/refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, and light construction were favorable skills in their eyes. The GM sent me out to get a drug screening yesterday, which without a doubt I'll pass, also the GM ordered a background check. So when everything goes through I should start working probably sometime next week. Thanks again guys!

2011/11/4 13:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy