SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Have you experienced the “change” the Bible teaches?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Have you experienced the “change” the Bible teaches?

vom groups
extreme devotion

The cold water sprayed over the crowd in front of the Indonesian village mosque. Gun-toting, white-clad jihad warriors surrounded the place. The ritual washing was a forced preparation for the group to convert to Islam. The crowd knew that they would convert or be shot or beheaded on the spot.

The young girl wept for her faith, because she imagined the ritual washing would reverse her faith. She didn’t know that her faith in Christ was in her soul, despite what happened to her body. She also wept out of fear, for she knew that she would be circumcised, along with all the other men, women, and children in the group. The forced circumcision was their final act of taking on a new religion. She didn’t want a new religion, and she cried out to God.
Indonesia used to be a haven of tolerance. Though the nation is home to more Muslims than any other nation in the world, there was little trouble. Muslims, Christians, and Buddhists lived side-by-side, working together with little animosity.
That has changed. Radical Muslims have dragged the nation into jihad, or holy war, and every Christian is a target. Many recite the Muslim creed just to save their lives; yet in their hearts, they cry out to God, knowing only he can offer salvation.

People attempt to change us from the outside in. But only God can change us—from the inside out. Before we come to Christ, we often try to fit into the world’s standards for our lives and lose sight of our real selves. We are forced to become people we were never meant to be. However, once God changes people from the inside out, they are changed forever. We cannot be moved. We cannot be changed back into our old selves. Like the girl in this story discovered, others can influence us and exercise some degree of control over us. But they can no longer change us like Christ has already done. Have you experienced the “change” the Bible teaches?
Extreme Devotion - VOM 10.28.11

2011/10/28 10:04Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Have you experienced the “change” the Bible teaches?

Have a link for this? I would like to post it on my FB page complete with link.

THe last paragrah is what I really took notice of.

2011/10/28 10:11Profile
Compton

This is an excellent post, Joyful_Heart.

2011/10/28 11:23Profile

"People attempt to change us from the outside in. But only God can change us—from the inside out. Before we come to Christ, we often try to fit into the world’s standards for our lives and lose sight of our real selves. We are forced to become people we were never meant to be. However, once God changes people from the inside out, they are changed forever. We cannot be moved. We cannot be changed back into our old selves"

Amen, the very truth of the Gospel ecapsulated in a paragraph.

"Have you experienced the “change” the Bible teaches?"

Praise the Lord I experienced this change at the age of 27, 20 years ago. The old alcoholic and drug addicted Frank died and behold all things were new, from the inside out...........brother Frank

2011/10/28 11:52
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Giving God the glory!

I have been changed and will continue as well until He comes and takes me home. The more I get to know Him the more I fall in love with Him and the things of this world are not attractive to me and my old nature is being replaced by His Nature. Praising Him for this.

Praise God Brother Frank! My addictions were longing to be loved and accepted. And praise God! I am forever! He is my only longing now, He is my forever love. He has filled every void I have ever had with Himself. What a Beautiful Savior we serve.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These devotions come in my email and it looks like VOM does not keep them archived on their site. But here is the VOM groups link where you can get them daily in your email as well as weekly prayer requests. Soon there will be a discussion group.

http://www.vomgroups.com/qry/forum/td_index.taf
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Lord has led me to the persecuted Church and is giving me His heart for them. Still asking for more. But since I first began with the Friday nights with "Gospel For Asia" my heart has changed so much. No longer do I dare complain but if I am tempted to I am quickly reminded of what my Brothers and Sisters are going through. My level of peace and joy have risen. Of course the enemy is at work, that's his job, but he cant have any part of me. I have been bought by the Blood of the Lamb. Jesus Christ! Point is - God has used our dear brothers and sisters in persecution to bring me closer to Him, to have more of His heart and to see more through His eyes than ever before. Praise His Name. Still a long ways to go but at least I am going!

Please forgive this long reply - I guess I just have to lift Him up at anytime. Rivers of living waters will just flow!

Praising God and giving Him all the glory for His everlasting love for us and the good work He has begun in us He will finish it. He is worthy of all our praises.

Love you all with His love,
Sheri

2011/10/28 14:26Profile
brothagary

Re:

is this saying as christans ,we can sucum to the pressure of dening our faith and perform deeds that prove that denile ,and still be concidered as not dening the one who bought and still enter into the kingdom of heaven

if that is what the implacations are of this post then ,i will submit this is not what jesus taught

2011/10/28 19:08Profile
brothagary

Re:

who ever denies and is ashamed of me befor men ,him i will denie befor my father who is in heaven

who ever confesses me befor men ,is the one who a will confess befor my father and his angles

be faithfull unto death and i will give you the crown of life

if i build again those things which i tear down i become a transgresser of the law

i say to those who seek to be circumsised ,christ will prophert you nothing

2011/10/28 19:19Profile

Re:

"Praise the Lord I experienced this change at the age of 27, 20 years ago. The old alcoholic and drug addicted Frank died and behold all things were new, from the inside out...........brother Frank"

Now that is a short and sweet testimony brother you can't get any sweeter than that.

It's nice to hear about men and women who have been changed by the hand of Almighty God.

2011/10/29 0:02
jimp

Re:

hi, before i truly gave my life to Jesus i was tormented by demonic powers and fought for my sanity every day. example: as a 13 year old i was walking down the alley a block away from my house with my baseball bat and glove and the next thing i remember is i had broken into a house a block away from where i lived. the owner came down and pointed a gun at me and asked me what i was doing in his house and i could not give him an answer.i had been arrested many times but when Jesus took over my life i became a new creation and was completely delivered to walk in newness of life.jimp

2011/10/29 0:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy