SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God - All and in all

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

God - All and in all

It is now possible to recognize what the Triune God - Father, Son, and Spirit - are Each realizing in one ultimate intention.

The Father is realizing that which His heart has yearned for throughout the ages - a vast family of sons conformed to the image of His only Begotten. His is a family who will bring Him paternal honor, glory and satisfaction.

The Lord Jesus, as the Son, is receiving what the Father has purposed for Him- a many membered Body which will be for the expression of Himself throughout the universe.

The Holy Spirit is receiving a glorious temple built of living stones which will be His eternal habitation.

This is truly so uniquely divine as to be utterly beyond human comprehension! The Three-in-One Godhead is finding Triune delight in one great intention- The Family, the Body, and the Temple are all one and the same. All are three in one.

And furthermore, the Father has intended for His Son to have the pre-eminence in all things. It is no marvel then, that the Lord Jesus is gloriously referred to as:

[b]Christ, the first-born - in the Family[/b]
[i]"He is the Beginning, the Firstborn from among the dead, so that He alone in everything and in every respect might occupy the chief place [stand first and be preeminent]"[/i](Col 1:18 Amp.).

[b]Christ, the Head - of the Body[/b]
[i]"He also is the Head of [His] body, the church...For it has pleased [the Father] that all the divine fullness (the sum total of the divine perfection, powers, and attributes) should dwell in Him permanently"[/i] (Col 1:18,19 Amp.).

[b]Christ, the chief cornerstone - of the Temple[/b]
[i]"Behold, I am laying in Zion a chosen ( honored), precious chief Cornerstone...The [very] Stone which the builders rejected has become the main Cornerstone..."[/i](1 Peter 2:6,7 Amp.)

We see then, in all three - whether the Family, the Body, or the Temple - The Lord Jesus has the place of pre-eminence. Perhaps this would seem in itself to be a completely satisfying goal. But God's glorious vessel and instrument is only the means to the ultimate goal of which we read in 1 Corinthians 15:28: [i]"that God might be all and in all"[/i]. This is the ultimate realization: The Father, Son, and Spirit will have glory, honor, and satisfaction, world without end.

DeVern Fromke
from Ultimate Intention

2003/9/11 16:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy