Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Steve Job's life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Steve Job's life

I would like to bring up some things that I have heard about the life of Steve Jobs but I don't how far to the edge this board would allow me to go.

Broadly speaking it is about his religious point of view, his hippiness and apple products. Call if it a kind of spiritual discussion.

Is this topic ok or to be restricted on this board?

2011/10/25 18:09Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Steve Job's life

Why rehash the life of a non-believer, unless it it to point the way to being others to Jesus? I do not particularly care to learn any more of how that man thought. If he was still alive and you cared to write him and try to show him the Lord, that would be constructive. Otherwise it seems you are beating the proverbial dead horse. It isn't going anywhere.

That is just my humble opinion

2011/10/25 18:20Profile

Re: Steve Job's life

Better check with the mods. But as the guidelines say pray about it. Would such things be particularly Christ centered or edifying. That would be a good indicator.

Blaine

2011/10/25 18:22
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Naw, my intent with it is to discuss certain aspects of his life and how it influenced the outcome of what he did and the spiritual significance behind it all. I won't go any further unless a mod says it is ok.

2011/10/25 18:28Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Do we not think that God can't use the life of an unbeliever?

Which I think He did with Steve Jobs! I was watching 60 Minutes two nights ago and they did a piece on the iPad and children with autism who had NEVER communicated with their parents before who were suddenly using apps where they could communicate with others and they were blooming!!! How awesome is that? One parent said her autistic son (who was 27), she found out through these apps that her son loved opera music!

Creativity rains on the just and on the unjust, whether we like it or not! Steve Jobs received a lot of rain in that department.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/10/25 19:14Profile

Re:

I think it's reasonable to discuss this.

Compared to a lot of discussions that take place here, this one seems rather mild. Wait until we get on the other side of Thanksgiving!

Go for it... keep it Christ-centered. If it isnt the mods will let you know.

Oh, and I think Lysa nailed it too, by the way. There is a lot we can learn by examining someone's life... saved or unsaved. And a lot of unsaved people have done much "good" (from our human perspective) in the world. We dont want to give undue praise, but I think there is much we can learn.

Krispy

2011/10/26 7:18

Re:

...this is quickly turning into a discussion about whether or not to have this discussion! lol

Only on SI.

Krispy

2011/10/26 7:26
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I too saw the 60 minutes episode about Steve Jobs. I also heard some on Fresh Air on NPR last night. Yes, I listen to some of that to get a balanced perspective of things.

Several things caught my attention about this man. He was a hippie yet he was determined to do things with technology beginning with the phone system.

Spiritually speaking he went to India in a quest to find himself. I don't remember what it was that he found through it. It was said but I cannot remember.

This guy was very determined to do his thing and through his 'ingenius' he changed so much in the world. And then his life takes a turn with cancer and looks to natural herbs for healing before he goes to the actual doctor.
( I had a friend who had cervical cancer who did the very same thing. She was entrenched in word of Faith stuff and declared GOd would heal her. That didn't come to pass)

One of the things I wonder in Steve Jobs life is this- is there a possible that the cancer Steve got was God putting a stop to what Steve was doing because in time it would eventually lead to something dangerous in regards to technology? The man seemed brilliant and seemed to be take away too soon.

Spiritually, he seemed to be searching for God but I understand he didn't trust religious systems. I am wondering what he gained by going to India? Was the inspiration for the apple products part of that trip?

Around this whole thing with Steve I ask the question, what was God doing in all of this? It seems to me in the end that Steve lost his life in much the same way that man's brain power went from 100% down to 10% so man wouldn't be a danger to himself.

What do you think?

2011/10/26 16:25Profile
Enochh

Indianapolis

Re:

wow it still floors me that people still put Jobs in the category of "great inventor"....listen I'm yelling this "JOBS NEVER INVENTED A SINGLE NEW TECHNOLOGY"....he took other peoples ideas packaged them and marketed them....and in India
he became a buddhist.....after a LSD trip.

2011/10/26 18:14Profile

Re:

We applaud Steve jobs and despise Mother Theresa. Kind of makes me wonder.

Blaine

2011/10/26 19:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy