SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Not all recieve the Holy Spirit, because not all ask to recieve it!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

sree... thanx for the clarification. I understand better where you are coming from and it makes more sense now. Thanx for not getting argumenative. Theres no reason why we cant just discuss it like we are! Love it...

Quote:
I believe that the blood of Jesus has power to cleanse all my sins. No doubt about it. But to prevent me from committing sins in future, I cannot rely on the power of his blood but I need to rely on Holy Spirit whom he has sent when he was glorified.

I agree with that... I would add (and I am sure you agree) that your sins in the future were covered by the blood, correct? Yes, the Holy Spirit enables you to resist sin. But when you do fall and sin, your sins are already covered. We do have to confess it, and He is faithful to forgive... but it's already been covered.

Krispy

2011/10/20 15:03
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Not all recieve the Holy Spirit, because not all ask to recieve it!

Everybody filled with the Holy Spirit understands what it means to be filled with the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:12-14
12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Luke 24:49And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

I can still recall how I got filled with Holy Spirit in 1984 a couple of days after they casted out a number of demons out of me.

They prayed for me to be filled with the Holy Spirit and laid hands on me. I was a babe in Christ and did not quite know what it was about, but this I wanted God to dwell in me and fill me after all these years of being the devil's slave. Not long after the I was filled with the Spirit.
It was the most overwhelming experience in my life. It was like a stream of holy golden oil poured out on me from above to the overflow. It was so strong that I asked God to spare me because I could not take more. At that time I understood that I was a child of God.
I had subsequent fillings in the next couple of days. Once I was standing in a bus when God's Spirit came over me again and someone standing next to me asked me how come that I was radiating light and that I most be a holy man.

The relevant scriptures were already quoted here.

Are you satisfied with your sins forgiven only or do you want to walk like Jesus walked on earth?

Are you fed up being defeated by sin and displaying ugly character traits?
Are you hungry for the reality of God's presence in your life?
Are you moaning your lack of grace in your daily conversation?
Are your prayers burdensome and scripture truths only head knowledge?
Are the blessings of God a mere drizzle rather than stream of living water?

2011/10/20 15:57Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Phillip responded:

"Upon" Him, not in Him. As witnessed by the rest of the Trinity, God the Holy Spirit like a dove and The Voice of God from heaven. """This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.""" Jesus did not have to ask for this.

A very valid point. I hadn't thought of the differences between 'upon' and 'in'. I will need to look at this with more time.

I would still hold there are dispensations of the Spirit other than the initial infilling though, regardless of whether they are 'upon' or 'within'.

Some examples:-

In Acts 8 born again, in-filled Christians received the Holy Spirit through the placing on of hands by the disciples.

Acts 14.1 urges born again Christians to seek for the gifts. The preceding chapters make it clear that it is the Spirit that distributes these. I expect this seeking also involves asking.

As someone already mentioned, Jesus breathed the Holy Ghost upon his disciplines ordering them to receive, and then told them to wait in Jerusalem for the power from above.

God bless
"PassingThru"

2011/10/20 18:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy