SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : question about divorce and remarriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Enochh

Indianapolis

Re:

martyr.... Matt 12:31 says "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men...." Not have been forgiven. One must first repent and ask forgiveness forsaking his sin. Since I'm here putting my two cents in...some one explain to me why Jesus would include wife in the list of forsaken things/people in Matt 19. Is it possible his was encouraging forsaking a wife...if so under what circumstances...just sayin..

2011/10/16 20:36Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
Enochh wrote:
Since I'm here putting my two cents in...some one explain to me why Jesus would include wife in the list of forsaken things/people in Matt 19. Is it possible his was encouraging forsaking a wife...if so under what circumstances...just sayin..

I know that you didn't ask me so please forgive me... (lol)

Matthew 19:27-30 in context....
Then Peter said in reply, “See, we have left everything and followed you. What then will we have?” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name’s sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first. (ESV and wife isn't it this version)

No, I don’t believe that this alludes at all to Jesus encouraging forsaking your wife.

More Christians need to study the Jewish perspective of women.... they took (and take) care of them; they really, really look down on any man who doesn't take care of his wife and family.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/10/17 0:31Profile
myallinall

Wisconsin

Re:

I woke up at about 4:30 this morning and the Lord's presence was overwhelming. Going through my mind was the cross, the cross, the cross, everything is the cross, everything is about the cross, everything was finished at the cross...Calvary...burdens are lifted... I am forgiven, He has forgiven me, my sin has been washed from His memory. Through the blood of the Lamb... It is more of an offense to doubt the sufficiency of the cross than any sin I could commit. Remain as I am(married), cling to the cross with all my being...This went on for about an hour while I washed the feet of my Savior with my tears. It is finished. I will never doubt the sufficiency of the cross as this is an offense to my precious Lord.

2011/10/17 10:00Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: myallinall

Quote:
myallinall wrote:
I am forgiven, He has forgiven me, my sin has been washed from His memory. Through the blood of the Lamb... It is more of an offense to doubt the sufficiency of the cross than any sin I could commit. Remain as I am(married), cling to the cross with all my being...This went on for about an hour while I washed the feet of my Savior with my tears. It is finished. I will never doubt the sufficiency of the cross as this is an offense to my precious Lord.

To God be all the glory!! To GOD be all the glory!! Praise HIS holy name!

God bless you,
Lisa

PS: The Lord will win your husband!

2011/10/17 10:42Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

What happens to the person like me that had no choice in my divorce? wife filed and shocked the whole family, am I just left hung out to dry and burn in hell if I were to remarry for something I had no control over? Personally, I think God has to somehow evaluate each divorce individually, but I just don't know.

2011/10/17 11:47Profile
myallinall

Wisconsin

Re:

Mr. Bill, Your post breaks my heart. I've been waiting for someone much more mature in the Lord to answer you but it hasn't happened yet and I feel like your question at least needs acknowledged. I know that the Bible says, "We know that all things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28). It also says, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart: and lean not unto thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6). When I married the first time I was not seeking the Lord and ended up in an abusive relationship which almost destroyed my life (literally). Nor did I seek the Lord when I remarried and I have again reaped consequences of going my own way. These are the very situations through which God has shown me my desperate need for Him and His saving grace. So all that to say- Seek the Lord first above all else, trust in Him alone, His plan for you is best, He loves you with an everlasting love. Grace and peace to you dear brother. You will be in my prayers. Lori

2011/10/17 20:53Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Thanks for your response Lori. This was my first and only marriage, it lasted 38 years, I have been divorced since March 2010. I have yet to even seek another relationship. My X got on a bunch of prescription drugs, and lost her ability to think for herself, and listened to a few of her divorced friends that told he how wonderful single life is, and your 55 and don't have many years left, she listened and were now divorced. There was a silver lining, I was able to get my youngest boy he was 15 at the time, and the judge awarded me full custody of him and I did not even have to fight for him.

You know the world has change a lot in 38 years, I don't even know how to begin to look for anyone. I am just leaving it up to God, which I should be anyway, but I really think I was lonelier in my marriage than I have been during my single life. My boy and I have had some wonderful, Blessed days doing things with each other. I just turned 60 on Oct. 4th but I feel 40, never smoked and never was a drinker, so taking care of myself has helped me age gracefully. Well sorry I got into the details, but I really never talk to anyone about my divorce, so I guess I did here for some reason.
God Bless
Mr. Bill

2011/10/17 23:53Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
MrBillPro wrote:
What happens to the person like me that had no choice in my divorce? wife filed and shocked the whole family, am I just left hung out to dry and burn in hell if I were to remarry for something I had no control over? Personally, I think God has to somehow evaluate each divorce individually, but I just don't know.

Brother, I had an answer all set yesterday but it wasn't to you, it was to the naysayers against remarriage but God isn't into smart alec answers no matter how right we are.

A good friend posted the following on her fb page this morning and it's beautiful and I knew I should share it with you....

--------------
God is good. When God reveals something; there is no more darkness.

That which was hidden in the dark shall be brought to light.
~ Tammy
---------------

And this is the truth! Look at how the Lord revealed the truth to Lori, the light of the truth has been revealed to her and she will not question her marriage anymore AND more importantly, she will not allow the enemy plant seeds of doubt! Praise the Lord!

Brother, you need the Lord to reveal that light of truth to you as well! I know you are but Seek Him, only Seek Him!!

God bless you, Bill!
Lisa

2011/10/18 7:47Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Thanks Lisa!....I guess I really put a screeching halt on this thread with my question. I guess most here just assume that, all that ask the question about divorce and remarriage, were the ones that had the choice in the divorce. I never wanted my divorce and fought for my marriage. Sometimes before we all start firing scriptures at each other if were not sure about their question, we should start with a simple, Hello Brother or Sister, could you elaborate a little on your question, because there are some things that the word just does not address clear enough for all to completely understand. You know,I feel if God meant to address everything clearly, where all could understand it clearly, there might not be a need for our spirit, because it's through the spirit we understand. I have looked and still can't find anything in the word pertaining to the person that had no choice in the divorce, maybe all we can expect to get here are some really good opinions, but are we to take a Good brothers or sisters opinions like we would scripture? this thread really raises some very good questions.

One personal note, divorce is ugly, it sure was in my case, and the Church needs to Pray more and put more efforts into healing marriages through prayer and sermons. I miss my marriage very much, but I also feel the doctors that prescribed the meds to my wife were also partly responsible. I could not talk to her about the meds. I tried often, only to get a lot of rebellion in return, she beat me down and wore me out. Lord in Jesus name, heal all the marriages out there that are in jeopardy, and strengthen the ones that are good, make them even stronger, in Jesus name.

2011/10/18 11:09Profile
elderlemon

Re:

Praise God Lori! You may be tested on your faith and revelation from Jesus about how complete His work is after Calvary. Recently an apostle I highly consider looked me in the eye and said with conviction "satan is a liar and wants to rob you of what you have". Look unto Jesus. You are in the best place to be, reliant upon his grace and mercy! In a disposition to require regular assurance from our Lord.

Bill. Sorry to hear about your situation also, how awful. Lori's reply to you is good loving Christian advice. The best place to be is where she is now. In the blessed rest. Will pray for you brother.

This link has 2 parts. Session 7 and 8.

http://mybiblebase.com/category/ron-bailey/page/2/

2011/10/18 18:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy