SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : From the front lines in Egypt

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

From the front lines in Egypt

I saw this man who ministers in Egypt speak at a church here in Tallahassee a few months ago and was impressed. He related how he has been taken aside into a room by Muslims and his life threatened if he didn't quit proclaiming Christ and he had to leave one area and relocate if I remember correctly. He said in case you're wondering I was scared when they threatened me but he has kept up his work and he makes me want to quit complaining about the things I wrestle with that seem small when compared to his dedication and what he faces. He's presently in Egypt.

(BEGIN)
FROM THE HEART OF MISSIONS

Greetings ~
I am thankful to the Lord for you and for your faithful prayers for me.

Egypt~
In the City of Assiut, about 5 hours south, the believers are standing their ground against the threat of Islam. Christians have surrounded the church building as tensions continue to mount. If you put together the number of Christians in all of the Middle East countries, they would not come close to the number of believers who are dwelling in Egypt. Official government records show about 12 million strong. However, over the past 2 months approximately 93 thousand Christians have immigrated to Western Nations.

While I ministered the Gospel in the Western Desert last week, the Lord interrupted what I thought was a good message. I had only been speaking for about 15 minutes, when I noticed a little 5-year-old girl standing in front of me. This did not bother me, but I stopped speaking anyway to ask if I could help her. She said, “I want to know Jesus.” My heart melted, because suddenly my message was no longer important at all. We spent the rest of our time rejoicing with the angels in heaven over little Teah! I guess that I will have to eventually go back in order to finish that message!

The Church leadership has now called for three days of prayer and fasting. The City of Aswan to the south was the scene of last week’s Church burning. It was planned and carried out by the Islamic militants who are persecuting Christians here in Egypt. This Church has been in existence since 1941, and the Christians who call it their home have taught their children in Sunday school. Many were married, and many worship and praise the Lord in this Church. The members of this Church also learn how to love their enemies, and to pray for those who persecute them. The Mayor's comments concerning this incident were just as unacceptable as the act of terrorism. He has publicly claimed that there was never a Church in this location at all.

In protest to the Church burning, the Christians held a peaceful demonstration at Liberty Square with their wives and children. The military suddenly began to shout, “Ala Hu Akbar”! This means “God is Great”. Militants shout this term before they commit an act of terror. Then they proceeded to crush the people with a moving tank in the Square. In the aftermath, we have about thirty-five who were killed and another three hundred injured. We all need the Lord’s comfort during times of pain. I appreciate your prayers for the believers here in Egypt.

I still have my eyes on the prize as I run my race in missions.

Your brother.

2011/10/13 13:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy