SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : DOJ: Feds Can Tell Church Who Its Ministers Will Be

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

DOJ: Feds Can Tell Church Who Its Ministers Will Be

This was warned of in 2008, few listened.

There have been 57 views of this post and not one comment. Perhaps this excerpt will prompt someone to comment. Or, everyone is simply dumbstruck?

http://townhall.com/columnists/terryjeffrey/2011/10/12/doj_feds_can_tell_church_who_its_ministers_will_be

"In yet another stunning attack on freedom of religion, President Barack Obama's Justice Department asked the Supreme Court last week to give the federal government the power to tell a church who its ministers will be.

The case involves a former teacher at Lutheran school, who along with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is pushing a claim that a Lutheran congregation should be forced to restore her ministry position.

Americans United for Separation of Church and State and American Atheists, Inc. have filed briefs siding with the Obama administration against the church."

2011/10/12 15:56Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: DOJ: Feds Can Tell Church Who Its Ministers Will Be

This case bares watching. The fact that the DOJ even took on this issue to promote it is sobering, at the least and alarming at the worse.

A decision where a gov agency can tell a privately funded school or church who they can or can not hire is seriously infringing upon the freedoms we have taken for granted all these years.

Now, I wonder will a Muslim school be required to hire a Christian teacher as well and all him/her to teach the students Christianity? Maybe Christians need to get more aggressive in insisting the Muslims hire them and if they refuse get the ACLU to file a lawsuit for them!!

Ok, I commented, WS...I think I know what you think..:-)

2011/10/13 15:44Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Ginnyrose,

Thank you for replying to this thread. Yes, you know my head just about exploded when I saw that article. Every day, I find myself repeatedly telling myself that everything is working according to God's plan and I already know the ending. I tell myself to watch to see what He does.

Yes, let us keep an eye on this case. Especially with this administration's Justice Department.

Have a lovely evening,
WS

2011/10/13 20:42Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

There are so many thoughts that come to mind upon reading this that its hard to know where to begin.

Simply because the government would select the one to be the minister for a church, does not mean that congregation cannot walk out and leave. So what then?

It's possible many churches could close, and then become mosques or something else.

The fact is, they don't much care who is the minister of the church, as long as he is a puppet, and nothing more.

Should he dare preach the gospel, woe unto him.

The apostle Paul says, 'Woe is me, if I preach not the gospel'.

Which woe do you prefer?

This is deeper than deciding who runs a church.

Much deeper.

2011/10/14 2:37Profile
sehraf

Re: 401c violation of GOD's LAW/Statutes/Ordinances

It might well be considered WHO the church has submitted herself to via of the 401c contract (a GOD-less ie:YHVH-less government. YHVH-less because they DO have many gods, NOT The GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.)
I suspect by defying the WORD of GOD ie;THE LAW, statutes and ordinances of the ONE we profess to obey will incur some form of correction or consequence, howbeit via an ungodly govt. or some natural calamity.
Read the contract of the government(401c) and compare it with THE LAW of GOD(YHVH), His ordinaces and statutes. Is it in agreement? If the churches have had and are having intercourse/commerce with Babylon ie;the world, then does their lover have the legal right to tell them what to do and say as well as who can say it? Seems simple to me or am i blind? Or perhaps i am mis-applying the Holy Writ?
I suspect it is the fear of man that keeps her (Children of YHVH)in submission

2011/10/14 5:23Profile
luke673

Tennessee

Re:

quote: I find myself repeatedly telling myself that everything is working according to God's plan and I already know the ending. I tell myself to watch to see what He does.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

We have already been told how god was going to do things in the last days. we have the book of revelation. dont get caught off guard when things like this happen. Gods in control of ALL THINGS. Pray for the lost and witness as much as possible. the time is getting short.

Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

2011/10/14 7:53Profile
njhoover

Re:

I thank God for this! Don't you all understand that what the Church in America NEEDS is some persecution? I hope more government oppression is down the road because freedom and prosperity have been the bane of the Church since this country's foundation. It's a blessing!

2011/10/16 19:06Profile
BroFrank001

Re: Asking Muslims to hire Christians in their schools

Jesus said: "Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.
"Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny." (Matthew 5:25, 26).

Scripture also warns: "Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?" (2 Cor. 6:14, 15).

I don't know if the above comment was in made in jest, or supposed to be humorous, but may I suggest that we not descend into careless talk? I agree with the brothers who note that this is a wake up call. No, we should not expect the same courtesy (even if the thought comes to you) from the devil. Are we not enjoined to be watchful of the times? Have you not noticed the subtle changes taking place within our country and world? How callous we are becoming in murdering our adversaries in their bedrooms, and rejoicing when leaders are strung up (assassinated) without trial? We are being hardened and prepared for coming persecution. This is not a time for nail biting, but prayer and serious intersession: first for ourselves, and next for the church at large.

2011/10/23 23:23Profile
njhoover

Re:

BroFrank001 I didn't make the above comment in jest. I really believe that persecution would be good for the American Church.

2011/11/6 21:22Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Quote:
"In yet another stunning attack on freedom of religion, President Barack Obama's Justice Department asked the Supreme Court last week to give the federal government the power to tell a church who its ministers will be.

How long until world governments mandate that (Christian churches) must allow practicing gays and lesbians to be their ministers? Isn't that what this is about? Or a Muslim to lead a Christian church?

I will have no part in this either way, although some churches are starting to embrace Chrislam and the sexually immoral as their ministers.

Should such a law be passed and forced upon the populace, I wonder how many churches will willfully comply with this? And if such a law is passed, how long will it be until police in riot gear break into (un)lawful assemblies to break-up churches that do not follow the new world order agenda of the Antichrist?

The days of darkness approach, and therefore the light will shine much brighter.

The Great Tribulation must come, even as it written that it should. Each day, we see this time known as the "Great Tribulation" drawing closer and closer...the day is even at hand. I know this is going to be a terrible time for the Earth, as most of the Earth's population will perish, but I am grateful that my eyes shall witness the coming of the Lord Jesus in His Glory. We are to be of good courage, and not faint, and we shall inherit a crown of life. God bless Israel and the Jews, from whom came the Holy Scriptures, which has made us wise to salvation, which is in Jesus.

I like what David Wilkerson has to say:

There is simply no possible, failsafe way to prepare for what’s coming.

Of course, God will prepare His people concerning what to do, how to act wisely, and how to lay aside what is needed. But that should never be the focus of Christ’s Bride.

I assure you, if you’re making spiritual preparations – getting your heart in order, dealing with sin, calling on the Lord with greater intensity, trusting in His word, building up your faith – then your readying yourself for anything.

You’ll be able to face a depression, losses and privations, calamities all around. You’ll be ready for all troubled waters, floods, fiery furnaces, persecutions, crop failures, droughts, shortages, and sicknesses. But most of all, you’ll be ready to hear the trumpet of God in the last hour. You’ll be prepared to march into the wedding feast to be untied with Christ...

...I believe the covenant that God has made with us holds the secret to perfect peace, no matter what storm may come.

2011/11/7 7:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy