Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Failure Of Religion - Tozer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Failure Of Religion - Tozer

Failure Of Religion

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof. 2 Timothy 3:5

Millions of men and women refuse to face up to the fact that religion, in and of itself, is not enough for the sinner’s need.

It is amazing how many things religious people want to do to you. They can start with infant baptism and end up with the last rites when you are 108 years old—and all of that time they will manipulate you, maul you and sweet massage your soul. When it is all done, you are just what you were. You are just a decorated and massaged sinner—a sinner who did not eat meat, or on the other hand, a sinner who did eat fish!

When religion has done all it can, you are still a sinner who either went to church or did not go to church. Religion can put us on the roll and educate us and train us and instruct us. But after all that, there is still something within our beings that cries, “Eternity is in my heart and I have not found anything to satisfy it!”

Only our Lord Jesus Christ is enough to satisfy the eternal longing in our souls.

Lord, deepening my relationship with You is more important than my involvement in “religious traditions” that have nothing to do with my eternal destiny. I love You, Lord Jesus.

Sent from the Mornings with Tozer, by A. W. Tozer. For devotionals like this one for your iPhone, visit us at 43rdElement.com

2011/10/6 21:05Profile

Re: Failure Of Religion - Tozer

"Lord, deepening my relationship with You is more important than my involvement in “religious traditions” that have nothing to do with my eternal destiny. I love You, Lord Jesus. "

Amen!!! ........ brother Frank

2011/10/6 21:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy