SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Funny Stories...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Funny Stories...

Hey -- does anyone have any funny stories that have happened during your walk with God? I'm not talking about "course jesting"...but experiences that have made you laugh in retrospect.

:-P

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but
a broken spirit drieth the bones." Proverbs 17:22

2004/12/29 11:37Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Funny Stories...

This was a rather funny experience:

One day, I was leading our rather large children's service. During worship, we were singing the song "I Need You More." The children were singing with great sincerity, with many of the "bus kids" closing their eyes and also raising their hands (with tears in their eyes) -- and with a childlike innocence that we teens and adults could learn from.

I was very moved by all of this. As our musicians and singers continued the song, a little boy on the front row (from a very bad home) was singing with great enthusiasm. As the verses continued, we sang:

More than the air I breathe --
More than the song I sing --
More than my next heartbeat --
More than anything!

And Lord, as time goes by
I will be by your side
And I never want to go back
to my old life.

But instead of singing the words "And I never want to go back to old life," this little boy sang, "And I never want to go back to my OLD WIFE!"

I had a difficult time refraining from laughing outloud. His sincerity, along with his closed eyes and lifted hands, nearly caused me to fall on the floor with laughter. It also demonstrated clearly that sometimes, even little children can "worship" without realizing what they are really saying. I learned that I really need to mean the words of the songs I sing.

;-)

2004/12/29 11:55Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I'm not certain about who this story pertains to, or whether this story is really true or not, but it was told to me a couple of days ago and I found it rather funny:

A man received a telephone call from a neighbor warning him that a van full of Jehovah Witnesses had just pulled up to their block, and they were were beginning their door-to-door operations.

This homeowner already had experienced difficulty when attempting to win over the Jehovah Witnesses. Every time he pointed out flaws to their doctrine, they would quickly leave, taking their magazines with them. This time, however, the homeowner decided to stop the visitors BEFORE they had a chance to speak.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang. The door opened, and before the visiting woman had a chance to speak, the homeowner stated, "Before you open your mouth, I want for you to pledge allegiance to this American flag!"

The startled woman thought for a second, and then she turned to the flag, placed her hand over her heart, and began, "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America..."

The man was impressed that the woman actually recited the pledge.

After she finished, the homeowner said, "Wow! I didn't think that you people could actually state the Pledge!"

The woman quickly responded, "Oh yes, some of us can. But I have to tell you -- this is the first time in the 15 years since I began selling Avon that anyone ever demanded that I recite the Pledge of Allegiance!"

:-P

2004/12/29 12:45Profile
dohzman

Re: Funny Stories...

At a chrismatic church in the middle of a very spirited worship service a man got up and prophesied "Thus saith the Lord, as Noah my servant lead my people from egypt and then Noah my servant lead them across the parted red sea ect....." after he had finished with a rather long prophesy , there was silence for about 1 min when all of a sudden he spoke up and said"thus saith the Lord----it was Moses not Noah, amen." that story has always tickled my funny bone.

2004/12/29 16:25Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

That is so very funny!

2004/12/29 22:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy