SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Steve Jobs just checked out

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
I will be honest the title of this thread bothered me. I know that I am probably being overly sensitive but we are speaking about someones eternity. Just seems that we some times make lite of things that really are serious.

It is better to dwell in the wilderness than with a nagging and contentious woman.

I guess you missed the part where I said the most important thing is his eternal destination? Or do you have selective memory?

2011/10/6 10:18

Re:

Quote:
While true that there is much good (humanly speaking) that we can gleen from Steve Jobs brief life, and there is much good that his innovations provided... one thing keeps ringing in my ears: What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his very soul?

Steve Jobs, from things I have read about him, put his faith in the mix of Buddhist / Hindu religion, thus often referencing "karma" in his speeches. I have heard nothing about some last minute crying out the Jesus, and that is unfortunate.

No matter how much good he may have done from our perspective, Steve Jobs is in hell today... and that is tragic.

The vast great majority of people who will die today will be in hell today. What are we doing about it?

Krispy

I can't believe that you and I completely agree about something, but we do.

2011/10/6 10:21
Theophila

Re:

For all we know, he may be in heaven today. Or not. No sense getting hot under the collar over a matter that's not fully known.
Apparently, the folks he worked with believed he brought his absolute best to what he did.
Do the folks you work with believe the same about you?

Someone mentioned about being excellent stewards of our secular vocations. I totally agree with them.

Daniel was a holy man in Babylon AND he was excellent at what he did. May that be my testimony as well.

2011/10/6 10:21Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Thank you MrBillPro for taking a moment to answer my question. I do understand that no one knows for sure but I guess what troubles me is how often we(meaning the population at large)say these kinds of things because it brings comfort to those who have lost someone but I wonder if by doing so we do them a disservice. I wonder if being honest and telling them the truth is not more an act of love... that we don't know where the person is but for their own eternity they should seek to repent and know JESUS. I guess that is what troubles me the most. I wonder if we don't offer comfort at the cost of their eternity??

Thank you for sharing your opinion with me and allowing me do to so also.

Have a blessed day
maryjane

edit: Forgive me these are just some thoughts on my heart I guess I have been thinking about my own dad and how things unfolded when he passed away. I pray I did not offend you in any way.

2011/10/6 10:22Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by Endzone on 2011/10/6 4:18:05

Quote:
I will be honest the title of this thread bothered me. I know that I am probably being overly sensitive but we are speaking about someones eternity. Just seems that we some times make lite of things that really are serious.

It is better to dwell in the wilderness than with a nagging and contentious woman.

_________

wow was that really called for? I said clearly that I was probably being overly sensitive and just sharing my thoughts that were on my heart. Don't know why you would post such a hurtful response to my post...

Pray you will have a good day in the LORD and just to be clear I was not trying to be nagging or contentious.

God bless you
maryjane

2011/10/6 10:25Profile

Re:

Theophila, he was a special person. Nobody seems to know much about him because he tried to keep his personal life secret. He seems to have no idea whatsoever though that Jesus Christ was the son of God. I wonder why that is.

2011/10/6 10:26

Re:

Quote:
wow was that really called for? I said clearly that I was probably being overly sensitive and just sharing my thoughts that were on my heart. Don't know why you would post such a hurtful response to my post...

Pray you will have a good day in the LORD and just to be clear I was not trying to be nagging or contentious.

God bless you
maryjane

wow, yeah I guess it was because apparently you can't comprehend an entire paragraph at a time. Please go back and read my first post. I didn't change it one bit. I didn't edit it. I believe I said the most important issue was his eternal security--the very thing you accuse me of being insensitive about. I mean, I know you're not stupid.

2011/10/6 10:31
MaryJane

Re:

by Endzone on 2011/10/6 4:31:43

Quote:

God bless you
maryjane

wow, yeah I guess it was because apparently you can't comprehend an entire paragraph at a time. Please go back and read my first post. I didn't change it one bit. I didn't edit it. I believe I said the most important issue was his eternal security--the very thing you accuse me of being insensitive about. I mean, I know you're not stupid.

Edited after more prayer:

Endzone

I was not accusing you of anything and if my post came across that way please forgive me. I was sharing my heart that's why I said I am probably being overly sensitive. I humbly ask you to forgive me for not choosing my words better. In my attempt to make a comment on how the titled affected me and what is on my heart I seem to have offended you and I did not mean to. I really was not trying imply anything more about your post. I did read it in its entirety and yes you did speak to his eternity, I was not attempting to say that you did not.

With much love in my heart for you I have revised my reply after praying on this...

God Bless you and keep you
maryjane

2011/10/6 10:39Profile

Re: Steve Jobs just checked out

I've just watched a type of testimony of his life on TED and found it to be thought provoking.

http://www.ted.com/talks/steve_jobs_how_to_live_before_you_die.html

2011/10/6 11:04
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Att. MaryJane

MaryJane,

Can you email me? I must have lost your email addy. Mine is in my profile.

Have a blessed day.

ginnyrose

2011/10/6 21:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy