SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Steve Jobs just checked out

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Jeremy221

Re: A Legacy

I think we should be thankful for the technologies that we all benefit from as a result of the businesses Steve Jobs started and ran. The interface one your computer, GUI, is either the direct result of or a copy of development work of Apple engineers over the past thirty years and you can find the effects thereof on your Windows and Mac computers. The world wide web had some of it's early development on the NEXT platform. The first web browser, Mosaic, was developed on a Mac. It is also worthwhile to remind everyone that desktop publishing was launched because of the WYSIWYG (What You See IS What You Get) interface developed and promoted on the Macintosh platform.

I don't want you to praise the man for these things but to be thankful to the Lord for the ways that Steve Jobs influence and skill bless the saints today.

2011/10/6 8:52Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Aside from his faith,The World lost a GREAT innovator today. Thanks Steve for all your contributions. Rest in Peace.

2011/10/6 9:17Profile
MaryJane

Re:

I will be honest the title of this thread bothered me. I know that I am probably being overly sensitive but we are speaking about someones eternity. Just seems that we some times make lite of things that really are serious.

As for this mans passing, I was surprised there was not more news leading up to it. I know that there have been a couple of stories but as far as I know there were no real recent stories talking about how ill he was. Seems he wanted to keep this private or at least his last days private. I can appreciate the talents and gifts this man was given by the LORD in what he did while alive. Don't know what was on his heart in his last moments here on earth but his passing is a reminder to me at least that time is short. Our life here is over in a moment so we should be using our time here to walk every day with the LORD and look for opportunities to be about HIS Kingdom.
God Bless
maryjane

2011/10/6 9:32Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Steve Jobs just checked out

I've owned an iPod for a couple of years now and it's better than any mp3 player I had before that! An awesome invention to carry our sermons where ever we go!!

Yes, he was a Buddhist, but steward wise, he was an excellent steward. I wonder how many Christians can say the same thing. He was forced out of Apple in 1985. When the business was failing, they brought him back as CEO in 1997 and brought it to where it is today. And in between those years, he created what is now known as Pixar Animation Studios. I think he was an excellent steward of the talents his was given.

Now about his soul, I know nothing and neither do any of you; I don’t know what happened in the last hours or days of his life. I would rather believe for mercy (since I do not know and neither does anyone else).

God bless,
Lisa

2011/10/6 9:33Profile

Re:

While true that there is much good (humanly speaking) that we can gleen from Steve Jobs brief life, and there is much good that his innovations provided... one thing keeps ringing in my ears: What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his very soul?

Steve Jobs, from things I have read about him, put his faith in the mix of Buddhist / Hindu religion, thus often referencing "karma" in his speeches. I have heard nothing about some last minute crying out the Jesus, and that is unfortunate.

No matter how much good he may have done from our perspective, Steve Jobs is in hell today... and that is tragic.

The vast great majority of people who will die today will be in hell today. What are we doing about it?

Krispy

2011/10/6 9:34
MaryJane

Re:

by MrBillPro on 2011/10/6 3:17:05

Aside from his faith,The World lost a GREAT innovator today. Thanks Steve for all your contributions. Rest in Peace.

_________

MrBillPro you closed your post with "rest in peace" ? Can I ask you in all sincerity does it trouble you to say those words about someone whom you are not sure is with the LORD? I will admit, while I do not know what was on Steve Jobs heart when he died while he was alive he did not profess any belief in the LORD so I really struggle with that saying. Its hard for me because if he died in rebellion then he is not resting in peace and I guess I would not want to give false comfort or hope to any others who are still living and have not yielded there life to the LORD?

Its really a difficult thing for me that I am not sure about.

God Bless
mj

2011/10/6 9:41Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Krispy wrote:The vast great majority of people who will die today will be in hell today. What are we doing about it?

Yes that is what is on my heart as well. Time is short and we should be about the LORDS Kingdom.

God bless
mj

2011/10/6 9:42Profile

Re:

MJ... I thought the same thing.

Krispy

2011/10/6 9:43
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mary, your putting the cart before the horse. No one knows how Steve went out, I have witnessed many "hard core" non believers death bed salvation's. The most high-profile death bed / last-minute conversion to Christ in the Bible is the case of the criminal crucified alongside Jesus Only moments before his own death, this criminal had been an unbelieving mocker of Christ. However, at the last moment the criminal repented and acknowledged Jesus as the heavenly King. The Lord gave him the blessed promise, “Today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”
Mary, this should not trouble you at all until the facts are in,"and they may never be" I just believe as smart a man as he was,he knew there was a Jesus Christ, of course this is just my opinion.

2011/10/6 10:02Profile

Re:

You're talking over my head, but I believe you. I don't think Jobs created DOS though.

One thing I'm not thankful for is all the tens of thousands of American middle class jobs that he shipped to China.

Some good info on Jobs:

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/articles/20111006/226008_steve-jobs-death-2011-stevejobs-pancreatic-cancer-biological-father-syrian-reactions-how-did-steve-j.htm

2011/10/6 10:09

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy