SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Steve Jobs just checked out

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Steve Jobs just checked out

I wonder if this man accepted the blood sacrifice of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ before he died? I really really hope he did. I wonder if somebody as rich as he was can get into heaven. There must be a way in the grace of God for him.

I've never owned an apple product in my life. No Apple computer, no iphone (no cell at all) no ipad, no ipod. I'll bet some of you all have though.

God bless you and enjoy this wonderful evening.

Endzone

2011/10/5 20:04
Enochh

Indianapolis

Re: Steve Jobs just checked out

Apples first primitive computer, priced at $666.66, had no keyboard or display, and customers had to assemble it themselves. $666.66......Hmmm...

"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future," Jobs told Stanford University graduates during a commencement speech in 2005. "You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."......wonder how he feels about that now?

2011/10/5 20:27Profile

Re:

Ennoch, I was pretty much guessing that was where he was at spiritually. It is very sad. It is really very sad. This life is so short isn't it?

2011/10/5 20:32
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

What is sad is you can run and have the most success with a business (one of the largest in the world) and have 100 of millions' in the bank and without Jesus Christ you are lost and have no hope. Oh the vanity of riches and money and anything you can grasp in this earth. What only counts is faith (things unseen) in christ the son of God.

2011/10/5 23:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
What is sad is you can run and have the most success with a business (one of the largest in the world) and have 100 of millions' in the bank and without Jesus Christ you are lost and have no hope. Oh the vanity of riches and money and anything you can grasp in this earth. What only counts is faith (things unseen) in christ the son of God.

I have to agree with you brother. Man just think of all the homeless centers he could of put up with that cash and funding missionaries, etc. But I just don't want to see anybody go to hell. I don't care how much I dislike someone, I do NOT want them to go to hell. Maybe Steve Jobs cried out to Jesus before he died. Would you believe that he was saved if he did?

2011/10/6 0:44
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Steve Jobs just checked out

I was actually talking to a nonchristian coworker and what she said was pretty profound and scriptural. "Well now how is he suppose to enjoy all that money he made." Huh I wonder if Jobs ever thought of that?

2011/10/6 1:30Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Funding Missions

I have used Apple products since 1985. They make well designed tools created by the hard labor of thousands of individuals around the world. Some of those very hard working people are our brethren, placed in this giant corporation to be a witness to the Light. God placed His vessels of honor in the Babylonian court too. The Lord Himself raised up Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. He also set the number of Job's days. Pray for boldness and a powerful anointing of the Spirit that they might share the Good News to those grieving the loss of Steve Paul Jobs.

2011/10/6 2:00Profile
Enochh

Indianapolis

Re:

so very well put greg......vanity. All there is here to grasp and hold is vanity

2011/10/6 7:32Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

We have a saying in the funeral industry: you'll never see a hearse pulling a u-haul. Dead men have empty pockets. It's those left behind that squabble over the estate, probate the will, divide the spoil, et cetera. Like vultures over a carcass. The world is insane.

2011/10/6 7:46Profile
Compton

Re:

Even though Jobs wasn't a Christian, I don't think we should characterize him as just another rich man who didn't take his riches with him.

What I've learned from him is that when you are committed to your ideals, over the course of your life, you can achieve remarkable things. We as Christians have our professional lives too, but sadly many of us I know treat the workplace as just a regretful curse from Adams sin or as a place that owes us a paycheck. I personally think this man demonstrated how to bring your heart to work. He knew how to inspire possibilities in people...and I think even Christians can learn something from that.

Mike

2011/10/6 8:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy