Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : HOW GREAT THOU ART

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 HOW GREAT THOU ART

He is the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End! He is the Keeper of Creation and the Creator of all. He is the Architect of the universe and the Manager of all times. He always was, He always is, and He always will be…Unmoved, Unchanged, Undefeated, and never undone!

He was bruised and brought healing! He was pierced and eased pain! He was persecuted and brought freedom! He was dead and brought life! He is risen and brings power! He reigns and brings peace!

The world can’t understand Him, the armies can’t defeat Him, the schools can’t explain Him, and the leaders can’t ignore Him. Herod couldn’t kill Him, the Pharisees couldn’t confuse Him, and the people couldn’t hold Him. Nero couldn’t crush him, Hitler couldn’t silence Him, the New Age can’t replace Him, and Donahue can’t explain Him away!

He is light, love and longevity and Lord. He is goodness, kindness, gentleness, and God. He is holy, righteous, mighty, and powerful, and pure. His ways are right. His word is eternal. His will is unchanging, and His mind is on me. He is my Redeemer. He is my Savior. He is my Guide and He is my Peace. He is my joy, He is my comfort, He is my Lord and He rules my life.

I serve Him because His bond is love, His burden is light, and His goal for me is abundant life. I follow Him because He is the Wisdom of the wise, the Power of the powerful, the Ancient of Days, the Ruler of rulers. The Leader of leaders, the Overseer of the over comers, and the Sovereign Lord of all that was and is and is to come. And if that seems impressive to you, try this on for size: His goal is a relationship with ME!

He will never leave me, never forsake me, never mislead me, never forget me, never overlook me, and never cancel my appointment in His appointment book! When I fall, He lifts me up! When I fail, He forgives! When I am weak, He is strong! When I am lost, He is the Way. When I am afraid, He is my courage! When I stumble, He steadies me. When I am hurt, He heals me! When I am broken, He mends me! When I am blind, He leads me. When I am hungry, He feeds me. When I face trials, He is with me! When I face persecution, He shields me. When I face problems, He comforts me! When I face loss, He provides for me. When I face death, He carries me Home! He is everything for everybody, everywhere, every time, and every way. He is GOD. He is faithful and I AM HIS and HE is mine! My Father in heaven can whip the wiles of this world. So, if you are wondering why I feel so secure, understand this: He said it, I believe it, and THAT settles it!!!! God is in control, I am on His side, and that means all is well with my soul. Every day is a blessing because God is. And what ever I need, my God can say “I AM”……..

2004/12/29 11:21Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: HOW GREAT THOU ART

Quote:
The world can’t understand Him, the armies can’t defeat Him, the schools can’t explain Him, and the leaders can’t ignore Him. Herod couldn’t kill Him, the Pharisees couldn’t confuse Him, and the people couldn’t hold Him. Nero couldn’t crush him, Hitler couldn’t silence Him, the New Age can’t replace Him, and Donahue can’t explain Him away!

Along those lines, I just read this this morning which was amazing and inspiring to me concerning the affect Jesus had on the world when He came into it, died for it, and resurrected to life for it:

"Men of Israel, take care what you are planning on doing to these men (Peter and John)! Some time ago there was a fellow Theudas, who pretended to be someone great. About four hundred other joined him, but he was killed, and his followers went their various ways. The whole movement came to nothing. After him, at the time of the census, there was Judas of Galilee. He got some people to follow him, but he was killed, too, and all his followers were scattered.

So my advice is, leave these men alone. If they are teaching (about Jesus' resurrection) and doing these things (miracles) merely on their own, it will soon be overthrown. But if it is God, you will not be able to stop them. You may even find yourselves fighting against God."

- Acts 5:35-39

2004/12/29 14:57Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re: great post!

Greg

As I read your post, I began to muse, “Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty!” Great post brother…great post!

James

2004/12/29 16:07Profile
Am_Lovin_HIM

Phoenix, Arizona

Re: HOW GREAT THOU ART

Brother Greg,
Blessings to you.

I read your post and immediately, I found my self saying HOLY HOLY HOLY is the Lamb of God.
Praise Him. Lift Him upon High.
Awesome writing brother...we see your heart through your words.

But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter of mine head. I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. I haid me down and slept; I awakened; for the Lord sustained me. Ps. 3:3-5

May He keep you, hold you in His arms and enlighten the eyes of your understanding as you continue pressing in..
Grace,
Dorothy

2004/12/29 16:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
As I read your post, I began to muse, “Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty!” Great post brother…great post!

Actually Kathleen from SI emailed it to me and it inspired me so much I HAD to share with the general SI crowd. Sorry for the confusion.

But yes I totally agree: "Holy, Holy, Holy" thrice Holy God! holiest of all.

He is not just Holy or Holier, but the [b]Holiest[/b]

Kadesh, Kadesh, Kadesh [i](hebrew)[/i]

2004/12/29 18:35Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: How Great Thou Art!

O, Lord, my God
When I, in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout the universe displayed

Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee
How great Thou art, how great Thou art
Then sings my soul, my God to Thee

And when I think that God
His Son not sparing sent to die
I scarce can take it in, that on the cross
My burdens gladly bearing
He bled and died to take away my sin

When Christ shall come
With shout of acclamation
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart
Then I shall bow in humble adoration
And there proclaim my God, how great Thou art

Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee
Then sings my soul, my God to Thee

2004/12/29 19:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
And when I think that God
His Son not sparing sent to die
I scarce can take it in, that on the cross
My burdens gladly bearing
He bled and died to take away my sin

Thanks for sharing this Yolanda.. man its so amazing how this Holy Infinite majestic God came down to die for us.. so Holy and Pure but became "sin" for you and me. I could sing "how great thou art" for all of eternity.. :-)

[b]How great Thou art, how great Thou art...[/b]

2004/12/29 22:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy