SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : the beginning of the birthpangs..?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

the beginning of the birthpangs..?

[b]The Times, UK 29 December 2004 [/b]
[i]“Sumatra is thought to have moved by as much as 120ft and the Earth to have shifted on its axis

The earthquake responsible for the Asian tsunami was so powerful that it changed the local geography, shifting islands and the mainland of Sumatra by as much as 120ft, American seismologists said yesterday.

The energy released by the quake was so huge that it may even have caused the Earth to wobble on its axis. Geophysicists are calling it a megathrust, the term used for the most powerful of changes in the Earth’s surface. Pressure built up over nearly two centuries was released in a single snap.”[/i]

And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth. (Isa 2:19 KJV)

The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again. (Isa 24:20 KJV)

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And [u]when these things begin to come to pass[/u], then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. (Luk 21:25-28 KJV)

[b]"But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.[/b] (Mat 24:8 NASB)

2004/12/29 5:26Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: the beginning of the birthpangs..?

Quote:
megathrust

Megathrust? :-o Who ever heard of such a thing? The shocking thing is that these things are happening and few seem to feel the need to repent. This is the type of thing that should awaken even the most careless of sinners. It should awaken every sleeping Saint.

I am reminded of how Peter said we have a more sure word of prophecy whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts. (II Peter 1:19) When a prophecy is fulfilled it is more powerful for the purpose of authentication of truth than an eyewitness account. Abraham told the rich man that if a person will not repent by the word of Moses and the prophets, they would not repent even if one came back from the dead to warn them! Moses and the prophets? The fulfillment of the prophesies Moses and the prophets should have convinced the rich man's family to repent. No use in sending a dead man if a fulfilled prophecy won't do it.

What about us? We have Moses, the prophets, and the New Testament. We have seen many prophesies fulfilled in the last 100 or so years (even if we exclude Israel as a nation). The fearful words of Revelation are even now coming to pass; "Yet they repented not..."

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/12/29 9:17Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
the sea and the waves roaring;

How greater can a wave roar than a 40' tidal wave traveling at 500 MPH?

2004/12/29 10:51Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

Quote:
The shocking thing is that these things are happening and few seem to feel the need to repent. This is the type of thing that should awaken even the most careless of sinners.

The bible says something about "how can they believe unless they hear?" and in many of these asian places, it is a third world, poor, not even consistent electricity and good water and sanitation (bathrooms), so they don't have TVs and things at their disposal to watch TV preaching. In blindness, there has been resistance and persecution to Christians in many of these places, so we must pray and support the christians and people that their eyes will be opened and God will draw them to himself. The missionaries work and are working hard (like in Gospel for Asia ministry), but still many do not know and understand the name Jesus Christ.

I do hope with those of us who do know what is going on with God and His plan, we will be spurred to labor in truth and love in His harvest. Not just with our words, but with action (faith without deeds is nothing). Lord, please thrust forth laborers into the Father's harvest. Thank you Lord Jesus for hearing our prayers and answering according to the Father's will in heaven. His will be done. In Jesus' Name I pray, amen.

2004/12/29 12:32Profile
Rahman

Re: the beginning of the birthpangs..?

The thing that struck me most, past such massive destruction, was listening to all of the western news people who kept saying, "What a devestating natural phenomena", or something to that effect ...

But the most ironic thing i saw/heard on TV was a Buddhist, in a Buddhist temple who said, "This destruction is of biblical proportions. It's like a flood out of the Old Testament ...

2004/12/29 13:08Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I do hope with those of us who do know what is going on with God and His plan, we will be spurred to labor in truth and love in His harvest. Not just with our words, but with action (faith without deeds is nothing). Lord, please thrust forth laborers into the Father's harvest.

Amen. Let us be off to the fields as God hath sent us. I don't know about you guys, but I feel an awesome unction to preach. Just last night I watched God moving among the youth, pouring out His Spirit. This is the time. This is the hour!

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/12/29 13:09Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I thought I would do a little web surfing to find out a little more about earthquakes. Others who are interested can find more at Earthquakes FAQs

2004/12/31 9:48Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

And another sign:

Matt. 24:4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, “I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows."

Men are drunk with the passion for wars. Rumors of wars are talked about in our newspapers. Fortunately we are running out of money to start other wars.

Just think, the U.S. has just committed 35 million dollars to help aid the remaining people of the area struck by these tidal waves. That sum of money is less than 1% of the money the U.S. spends each month trying to give Iraq a new form of government.

The hearts of many grow cold.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/12/31 12:57Profile

Re:

Gentlepersons,

RE:
For many will come in My name, saying, “I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

I see no sign of this happening. Who, exactly, besides the obviously insane, is saying "I am the Christ"? and is deceiving people? Plenty of atheism and agnostics about, granted. But in these days of rampant scepticism about God and the Holy Spirit, how are many being deceived by a false Christ? Ain't happening, and we are not going to see this for many ages, if ever. The end is not near! Don't put every world event in context of Revelations. It is a false trail. By means of its maleable and easily misconstrued words, it (Revelations) is a deception in itself!

Pray that God be in your heart, words and works. That is sufficient for Grace and honors our Creator-God-Father. Looking for the END is a fools errand. God works on His own time and it is presumptuous to think we can find it out.

Bubbaguy

2004/12/31 22:32
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re:

Here's one "another christ":

By Sarah Junk - CNSNews.com

(CNSNews.com) - When the Rev. Sun Myung Moon and his wife were crowned the "King and Queen of Peace" on March 23rd -- inside the Dirksen Senate Office Building with Members of Congress looking on -- few news outlets took notice.

But in the months since Moon's March 23rd "coronation" as Messiah, a growing number of people are questioning the appropriateness of allowing a "coronation" to take place inside a government building.

At a press conference on Wednesday, Jewish, Muslim and Christian representatives from the organization that sponsored Moon's coronation unapologetically defended the ceremony, its location, and Moon's Messiah declaration.

"It was the spirit world that said he was the Messiah," said Archbishop George A. Stallings, Jr., pastor of an independent African-American Catholic congregation. Moon, founder of the Unification Church, was merely repeating the message, said Stallings.

Here's another:

# God operates by spiritual law and is obligated to obey the "FAITH FILLED" words. "Faith is a force and words are the containers of that force."
# The demotion of God and the deification of man - "The biggest failure in the whole Bible is God." (Kenneth Copeland)
# "You are as much an incarnation of God as Jesus Christ was. You are a little god." (Benny Hinn)
# "God could not intervene since He had made Adam the god of the earth. God was left on the outside looking in." (Kenneth Copeland)

and another...

After being won over by the ritual of the Catholic Mass, Hahn plunged into traditional Catholic teachings and errors. He turned to a dark teaching: the "Melchizedek" priesthood of the Roman Catholic Church. "When the priest speaks the words of institution 'This is My body... This is the cup of My blood, the blood of the new and everlasting covenant,'" wrote Hahn, "he is not merely narrating, he is speaking in the person of Christ, who is the principal celebrant of the Mass. By the sacrament of Holy Orders, a man is changed in his very being; as priest, he becomes 'another Christ'."

Later in the book he reiterated, "now we can understand why we call priests 'Father' and the pope our 'Holy Father,' because they are other Christs,..."7 Does Rome support Hahn's statements? Vatican Council II Vol. II, No. 77, Dominicae Cenae, 24 Feb. 1980, Section 8, page 74 reads: "The priest offers the Holy Sacrifice in persona Christi; this means more than offering 'in the name of' or 'in the place of' Christ. In persona means in specific sacramental identification with the eternal High priest."

Paul warned in 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 about deception in the form of another Christ, "... For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted you bear this beautifully."

Be warned, "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed" --Galatians 1:8.

So Rome does endorse "another Christ" and when Hahn takes this supposedly transubstantiated wafer he receives it from "a man" who "is changed in his very being" into "another Christ," and he bears this beautifully. In turn, every Roman Catholic who trusts in this "host" as being the actual body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ is taking "another Christ" from "another Christ." This is heresy of the highest rank, and their very souls are at risk of being separated from the true Christ forever because of their trust in another Christ.

jouko

2004/12/31 23:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy