SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Beware of Sharing Here

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
jimp

Re:

hi, after many years of ministering to the homeless; i found myself homeless yet still employed with my stuff in my old car. i told the Lord that i did not find this situation very humorous at all and He told me to call an old friend. i called her and she directed me to her home where her and her husband lived. she had a mother in law apartment with a full bath in this million dollar home that i stayed at for amonth until i got my own place. i was homeless in my car for less than 10 days and God blessed mein the midst of turmoil.He is a good God and He loves us.jimp

2011/10/1 20:32Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

by sarahsdream on 2011/9/30 7:22:15 writes:

"Adam and Eve died from the Lust of the Eyes, Lust of the Flesh and Pride of Life.

Isn't this what kills everyone?"

No!

2011/10/1 21:21Profile

Re:

I agree with others... some of the "sharing" lately has been completely inappropriate (sexual sins, etc).

Some of the sharing has been of personal spiritual struggles, and thats important. We need to be able to do that. I know my advice tends to be very blunt, but I do not do so for the sake of offending. Sometimes the truth is hard. And sometimes I am wrong too.

What we do need to be careful of is seeking advice, particularly in regards to relationships in real life because they not only effect the advice seeker, but those who they are in relationship with. Especially marriage and children.

Personally I will offer some general Biblical advice concerning marriage, or share an example from my own marriage… but refrain from offering advice as to what to do in marital situations because a) it’s impossible for me to know enough about a situation to offer advice… and b) there are always 2 or more sides to a situation and on the SI forums we are ONLY getting one side.

We would all do well when sharing to check our motives and make sure the end goal of our sharing is to seek God and His Word. Not others opinions, or to get people “on our side”. And when giving advice… keep it Biblical. If you cant back it with the Word… don’t offer it as advice.

Things with me have always been black and white. I want everyone to know that just because I am blunt doesn’t mean I hate you or want to beat you up. Nothing could be further from the truth, and frankly sometimes the conclusions people draw about me do hurt… because it’s not what I think or feel. But I love God more and am more concerned about proclaiming His truth than I am about always being popular with people.

2 Corinthians 2:4 “For I wrote to you out of much affliction and anguish of heart and with many tears, not to cause you pain but to let you know the abundant love that I have for you.”

Krispy

2011/10/5 9:43

Re:

Quote:
hi, after many years of ministering to the homeless; i found myself homeless yet still employed with my stuff in my old car. i told the Lord that i did not find this situation very humorous at all and He told me to call an old friend. i called her and she directed me to her home where her and her husband lived. she had a mother in law apartment with a full bath in this million dollar home that i stayed at for amonth until i got my own place. i was homeless in my car for less than 10 days and God blessed mein the midst of turmoil.He is a good God and He loves us.jimp

Very encouraging story brother. God is so good. He loves us more than we know. Bless you this evening, and thank you for being real.

Endzone

2011/10/5 20:08
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

We are locking this thread and will be taking a much closer and harder stance on posts about sexual struggles. As moderators we are not able to catch all discussions that need to be stopped, locked or deleted. Please have patience with us and more importantly pray for us as we run these forums and guide them as the Lord leads.

May Jesus Christ Himself allow these forums to be a place sanctified for His word and a place for the Spirit of God to work on the hearts of men and women.

2011/10/5 23:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy