SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Rodney Howard-Brown movement early 1990s

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
Renoncer

Re:

Endzone,

You said, "Have you considered that you and others may be dangerously close to blaspheme against the HOly Spirit by lashing out at this man's ministry?"

This statement assumes that the Word of God should be used to determine whether or not one is in fallacy. The fact is that the expression "blaspheme against the Holy Spirit" is taken from Scripture. This statement is only valid inasmuch as you take the Word of God as the measure of truth.

So, which way will it be? Will we reason from the Word of God, or will we not? You cannot use Scripture related to blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, and then turn around and ignore Scripture that speaks to the issue of false teachers/prophets, destructive heresies, false converts, and wolves in sheep's clothing.

The real question should be: "What does the Word of God reveal about these things?" This is especially relevant if the Word of God addresses this issue SPECIFICALLY. If the Word of God warns you against sexual immorality, and then a teacher comes into the church saying that he has a special anointing of the "Holy Spirit" that gives you the power to attract any girl you want to seduce, would you not have to reject his teaching? (unless, of course, you are not truly saved from your sinful desires and you really want to form a God after your own lusts) Indeed, Jude 1:4 says that there are many who "pervert the grace of our God into sensuality".

Now, the Bible DOES SPECIFICALLY teach about these issues. Take some time to read 2 Peter 2, and Jude, and Matthew 7:15-23, and 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12, and 2 Timothy 3. What do those passages teach about false teachers and the fruit of their destructive heresies?

You have to choose: Either you accept what the Word of God says (and then you must take heed to these warnings), or you must reject it (and then you cannot even speak about the Holy Spirit or even faith in Christ, because it is the Bible that teaches about these things).

If you choose to listen to God, then I will explain in more detail why these destructive heresies send people to hell. But, if you do not have ears to hear, I would be wasting my time.

So, which way will it be? Please let me know your heart on the matter.

Love in Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

2011/10/2 1:03Profile
jimp

Re:

dear endzone,did this touch make your life more Godly in reality? did it heal, deliver or set you free from sin in your life?God is not interested in our happiness,He is interested in our holiness. as a younger man i ministered with great anointing and saw many saved,healed and filled with His Spirit and this felt real good. so good that after thinking i had something in me that was pleasing to God;the anointin vanished. the manefestations of uphoria and being slain in the spirit continued but no healings ,noone filled, no miracles.this as a result of pride and allowing others compliment me and receiving these with happiness.the world wide ministry of jim instead of Jesus Christ.all this talk is about the touch and rodney, not about Jesus.ergo useless my dear brother.

2011/10/2 4:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
Sorry all you stuffed shirts didn't get it, but you were afraid you would look silly--I know.

No one in real life has ever accused me of being a stuff shirt... lol. I almost spewed my coffee when I read that.

Whats with all the name calling and personal attacks?

Krispy

2011/10/2 7:07

Re:

Quote:
And to use a example from KK's doctrine, there isn't anything in the Bible that says if you go to a RHB meeting in the 1990s, you will lose your salvation, so since it isn't in the Bible I wouldn't worry about it.

MY doctrine?? According to "MY" doctrine if someone are chasing after blatently false teachings and doctrines that person may not be saved to begin with.

But thats not "MY" doctrine... thats the Bible's doctrine. Particularly 1 John.

1 John 2:18-19 "Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us."

By the way, I've never fully clarified on here exactly what "my" doctrine or theology is... so really you are making assumptions about things that you know very little about.

You would do well to heed Proverbs 17:28 sometimes when you feel compelled to declare your assumptions about people and what they believe and what they are (i.e. stuff shirts)

Proverbs 17:28 "Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent."

Or... as Abraham Lincoln put it: "Better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

Krispy

2011/10/2 7:13
Renoncer

Re:

I guess that's it.... :(

2011/10/6 12:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy