SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Rodney Howard-Brown movement early 1990s

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Rodney Howard-Brown movement early 1990s

Did any of you sit under this ministry? I did receive the "joy" myself, and I know it was very real for me. He had to work with me a little bit though. I didn't just go right down. I think I understand now what the river of life is. There was pure joy just flowing up and down my body from head to toe. It didn't move fast, bur rather slowly. I didn't laugh like a lot of people do. I just layed there with such peace and joy. And, please understand, I'm not trying to be vulgar, but the joy was very similar to a sexual climax, but it just didn't end. And it was in total purity without any self-centeredness to it at all. It kept on going for a few minutes.

I'll tell you something. When we get to heaven, we aren't going to care who wronged us or whatever. The joy of it is going to be unbelievable.

2011/9/27 22:59
dspks

Dakotas

Re: Rodney Howard-Brown movement early 1990s

Doesn't sound like "Joy UNSPEAKABLE and FULL of GLORY" and NOWHERE in Scripture is "Joy" explained in such a manner.

My spirit cringes at the definition of joy in your post.

2011/9/27 23:04Profile

Re:

Quote:
Doesn't sound like "Joy UNSPEAKABLE and FULL of GLORY" and NOWHERE in Scripture is "The Joy of the Lord" explained in such a manner.

I'm sorry... I'm NOT impressed.

Yes, but I once owned a 1997 Buick Regal. NOWHERE in Scripture is transportation described in such a manner. Does that mean my 1997 Buick Regal was all just my imagination and didn't exist?

2011/9/27 23:08
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I'll tell you something. When we get to heaven, we aren't going to care who wronged us or whatever. The joy of it is going to be unbelievable.

I strongly encourage you listen to this prophetic word from a wonderful man of God. He is just sharing pure scripture.

Another Gospel by David Wilkerson
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2

2011/9/27 23:20Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Re: The Joy of the Lord

I'm not denying that you had this experience BUT experience cannot be our final authority...

1Jo 4:1 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

Joy is NOT an external stimulus (ie."feeling")...

Joy IS my spirit rejoicing as a result of being in fellowship ("walking in the light" 1John 1:6)with the Lord (Psalm 16:11)

Again... If we are in fellowship with our Lord we can have JOY in the most hurtful/painful prison on earth... Biblical JOY has NOTHING to do with "physical feeling"....

If I have to choose between someone's experience or Scripture...I'll take the Scriptures.

Lu 21:8 "And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them."

Tit 3:3 "For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another."

Transportation by a car may not be in scripture BUT the truth about "JOY" is expounded upon throughout the Word.

2011/9/27 23:36Profile

Re:

Quote:
strongly encourage you listen to this prophetic word from a wonderful man of God. He is just sharing pure scripture.

Another Gospel by David Wilkerson
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2

Thank you brother, the audio quality is really bad, so I didn't make it through the whole thing. But it wasn't on the subject of joy, but it was on the subject of false preachers in the church. I also have some problems with prosperity preachers. In fact I believe it is a false gospel. But, I'm guessing you also think Rodney Howard-Brown is a false minister? I think this is kind of like Christians and demonic spirits. If you have never had an experience with it, you tend to believe it isn't real or that those guys are just whacked out Christians.

2011/9/27 23:42

Re: The Joy of the Lord

Quote:
Biblical JOY has NOTHING to do with "physical feeling"....

Maybe you're right. I don't know. I don't think any of us know exactly what is physical, emotional and spiritual. For instance if a believer is being oppressed by a demonic spirit of anger, and he explodes on somebody. Is that anger spiritual, emotional or physical?

But this experience I had, the source of it was a spirit of joy. To have the experience of joy flowing up and down your entire body is not a normal emotional or physical function. It was a spritual function. Do you think Satan and demonic spirits have the spirit of joy?

2011/9/27 23:48
dspks

Dakotas

Re: experience vs truth

"Scripture" (God's perspective) vs "Experience" (Man's perspective)

"Scripture" (God's perspective) wins over "Experience" (Man's perspective) every time!!!

One must not mix up "joy" with "happiness" or "physical pleasure".

How did the Lord endure the cross??? With some emotional *sexual type of feeling??? (*your definition)

"For the JOY that was set before HIM ... he endured the cross...." His JOY was based on a FACT... not a FEELING.... He KNEW the RESULTS of His suffering would bring about Salvation for mankind!!!

You experienced an EMOTION... but NOT Biblical Joy.

The Scripture is clear.

Taking the Scriptures as final authority for our lives OR our experiences as the final authority for our lives is a choice every professing Christian MUST make.

2011/9/27 23:51Profile

Re: experience vs truth

Quote:
"Scripture" (God's perspective) vs "Experience" (Man's perspective)

"Scripture" (God's perspective) wins over "Experience" (Man's perspective) every time!!!

In this case, your interpretation of scripture is a loser. You're abusing scripture to justify something you don't believe in. In fact, those versus you quoted have no relevance to what we are even discussing.

2011/9/27 23:55

Re:

Another thing about this experience. I went everyday for about a week. I noticed that my ability to resist sin and stay away from temptation was much stronger.

One day Rodney Howard-Brown asked, "Are you finding that your ability to resist sin and temptation is much easier now?"

I had to agree, it really was. Nobody was more familiar with sin and temptation than I was--if you know my history.

Would this be a strategy of Satan and his minions? Would Satan try to make our temptation to sin more bearable? Heck no he wouldn't. He wants us in bondage to sin as much as possible.

2011/9/27 23:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy