SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : god

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

god

2011/9/25 1:25

Re: JOB dies without being restored, JOSEPH dies never seeing his family

This may be getting too personal, but are you one of the people who has been blessed, or are you one of the people who has not been blessed?

John & Paul Sanford make a bold statement that whatever area of your life you honored your parents in, life will go well for you. Whatever area you didn't honor your parents.....

2011/9/25 2:06
Koheleth

NC

So you are basically saying what if the Bible were different? We do have examples of those who pleased God and met with an untimely end. From Abel to Jesus to Zechariah. No true follower of God looks for earthly blessings. You can notice that Joseph and Job were faithful to God, extremely and perfectly faithful, long before they knew they would be rewarded for being so.

2011/9/26 21:02Profile
cryinthenite

The point of both stories is God is on trial.

Man judges Him ,angels judge Him .

Satan says "why did you make man he only serves You for what he gets out of You".

Man says "God you are no good because there is bad in the world".

Do not these things get us looking up to Him???

God is after true love.

Will we love God even if only bad comes upon us?

If we will that is what the Lords answer to satan is "see man will love me even if I allow evil in his life".

In Christ we can serve Him like this.

The three hebrew children did, they thought it might be the end but that was fine with them.

2011/9/26 21:34Profile

Re:

2011/9/26 22:16

Re:

So what I'm really getting at is (I just realized this), How do you know God loves you? If you can share a mini-testimony, that would be the best.

I just feel like I've been lied to all my life about God and had all these false expectations so I just need to find out how some of you guys do it. Cause of course none of my prayers of healing etc, were answered, never saw a healing in my life, etc. I haven't seen anything at all.

Because if you really ask me, God seems like the most powerful, etc but He's just seems really stingy.

Why not have a bible and get rid of all the miraculous things if it's not gonna happen. Please tell me if you had these miraculous things happen to you. And please don't share stories of fake healings, I was involved in those ministries for a bit, I know all the tricks.

2011/9/26 22:31
Leeza

Re:

you sound very angry with God.

2011/9/26 23:11Profile

Re:

It takes a certain amount of faith to believe in the love of God Codek. As you see God at work in your life over time, you will have a better understanding of His faithfulness and love.

You will make a horrendously wrong decision to come to the conclusion that God doesn't love you or doesn't want to bless anyone. The opposite is true. Don't believe the lies of Satan and his demons. They want to destroy people--and especially young people.

2011/9/27 11:33

Re:

The answer to one of your questions is found in Romans 9:14-24:

Quote:
What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’” Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

You also made the statement that you do not know anyone who God has truly blessed.

Blessed according to who? Are you breathing today? Did you have anything to eat? Did you sleep out in the rain last night?

I'm sorry, but that is a completely arrogant thing to say. I dont say that to be mean, on the contrary.

I died in the ER last summer from a heart attack. I was revived and here I am. I KNOW how God blesses...

The blessing, my friend, is that even though you deserve to be judged and thrown straight into hell TODAY (as we all do!), God has been merciful to you in that while you were yet a sinner His Son died in your place.

God has not blessed you?? You're not in hell right now! If you are saved then He has blessed you, and if you are not saved... He has blessed you by showing patience with you!

You get mad at me when I speak the truth, but here it is anyway: Get your eyes off yourself and get over the pity party. God has blessed you abundantly and you're so caught up in yourself that you cant even see it.

Go live in Calcutta or some slum like that. You are RICH compared to many in this world.

Stop basing your measurement of God's blessing by what you're told on TBN.

Read about what Paul went thru... shipwrecks, hunger, beatings, left for dead, prison... and he considered himself blessed.

Seriously, and I mean this as truth, and I say it because I do love you... your main problem is selfishness. You need to repent.

Krispy

2011/9/27 11:58
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

codek,

You have not read the entire Bible, have you?

Let us take a look at Hebrews 11:32-39: (NASB)

32 And what more shall I say? For time will fail me if I tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets,

33 who by faith conquered kingdoms, performed acts of righteousness, obtained promises, shut the mouths of lions,

34 quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, from weakness were made strong, became mighty in war, put foreign armies to flight.

35 Women received back their dead by resurrection; and others were tortured, not accepting their release, so that they might obtain a better resurrection;

36 and others experienced mockings and scourgings, yes, also chains and imprisonment.

37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were tempted, they were put to death with the sword; they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated

38 (men of whom the world was not worthy), wandering in deserts and mountains and caves and holes in the ground.

39 And all these, having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised,

And what about John the Baptist? Consider him: he challenged a king for him taking someone elses' wife and she in turn had him beheaded. Or, read Lamentations, penned by Jeremiah. Or, how about David: he was anointed by Samuel to be king when Saul was still on the throne. This event marked the beginning of a life of trial, some severe for David.

Codek, you can sit down and read in less then an hour about the life of any Bible character, a life that may span 60+ years. What you do not pick up is the ordinary, the mundane, routine of living these characters did. So it is with many of today's Christians. We can see the leading of the LORD in our lives, but we also experience the routine, the mundane, the ordinary. The supernatural could become mundane if it were active at all levels. God has to allow us to experience pain, suffering in order for us feel a grave discontent with life. Unless we experience this we will never get a longing for heaven. This is just human nature.

If God would protect us from afflictions many would want to be Christians for the earthy benefits inherent in that decision. They would never learn to stand against evil, the devil. We need to learn to say "NO!", to resist temptations so we can live with Him in heaven someday. If you do not learn that now, you will not be fit for God's heaven.

Consider Lucifer. He was the top angel in heaven. He was beautiful, a master musician. But he wanted to be like God so he worked to this end and got thrown out. In God's heaven, he wants submission, obedience - that is the only way a heaven can be a heaven or a haven. Now, we live here on earth and are in a school to determine whether we will be fit subjects to live in God's heaven. If you do not pass that test, you are not fit. If you fail it and get to God's heaven you will likely create conflict, disorder - just like Lucifer did and like you are doing now. God wants people in his heaven who will be obedient, kind, loving who will make heaven a haven from any kind of rebellion there is. That is why we need afflictions, encounter temptations. We need to grow strong, develop character for heaven. AND if God sees you will benefit from an act of the miraculous, you can be sure he will reward you with that.

Codek, I suspect you have been reading too much literature that is feeding your questions instead of answering them. I suggest you go on a fast of reading other lit, or listening to TV or radio preachers and totally immerse yourself in the WORD, asking God to reveal to you what He wants you to know. If you do this, I promise you you will experience God in a fresh way.

Hope this helps....

Blessings.

2011/9/27 12:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy