SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The Kundalini Warning

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Leeza

Re:

Thanks for bringing this to the light. I also am very concerned in general of the attitude that we are not to exercise discernment.

2011/9/21 18:54Profile
Veronica226

Montana

Re: The Kundalini Warning

I haven't watched all 3 parts yet, but am in the process. I just wanted to comment on something I saw and warn everyone. In part 2 of the documentary at about the 2:28 minute mark where they show footage of Todd Bentley (at the Lake Land revival?) I noticed something very disturbing. My dad was demon possessed at one in 2006 and I think I was also possessed in 2007. (I'm still not sure if it was just oppression or if it was really possession. I couldn't control my movements sometimes.) I KNOW what someone looks like when the are possessed. I had to look at one in the mirror every day for several months, in myself and my dad. And in that video Todd Bentley's face and eyes look exactly like my dad's did when he was possessed.
This is SCARY. I can't believe this is infiltrating the church!!! The church is supposed to be a sanctuary from this!
I had never seen videos of these "spirit moves" (except being slain in the spirit) and I always thought they were a little off. But now after seeing the videos, the Spirit in me just screams out DEMONIC!! It makes me sick.

I too am shocked and unnerved about the lack of discernment and even the discouragement of discernment and the cries of "don't judge!", even here on SI. Frightening to say the least.

2011/9/21 19:19Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Hmmm....well lets take a closer look at the originator of the thread.

A brand new poster..their very FIRST post is one designed to bring up controversy and a banter of back and forth antagonism.

They present a several year old clip that has been seen AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN and beaten to death on these forums AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!

A few people post similar thoughts... the same few people that have done so on every thread since I have been here.

This poster claims the name of "duchesssarah"...as in Sarah Duchess of York?!?! Paaleeese!

Can you say TROLL?
Don't be a sucker. If you were fish you would now be on their stringer.

Odds are good it is actually a current frequent poster of this ilk that hasn't had a chance to vent on this topic recently so they posted a trolling lead in under a new name. The person who was a bit suspicious might well be thinking it was a person that has jumped into the fray on this thread as it progressed. Ya think?!?!?

Does anyone honestly think ANYONE has actually been "warned of anything NEW"and "changed their views on anything" over this troll post?!?!?!

Honestly.......

2011/9/21 19:37Profile
Leeza

Re:

Solomon, I dont understand.
If this was someone who is here with another name, it would still be the same ip address and the monitors would know.
And, I dont know anything about the revivals they speak of, but discernment is our responsibility.

2011/9/21 20:04Profile
Solomon101

Re:

@ Leeza-

If they simply used a laptop at Starbucks, for example, and the other one from their home it would not show the same. I also doubt (but do not know) that the moderators have time to specifically check the ip address of every poster. Nor do I imagine they would they care to or want to.

Sure..I agree...discernment is a responsibility. I am familiar with the revivals they refer to. The problem is that a great many of the moves of God in history would also be condemned out of hand as well.

Leeza- it seems like you have a good and sweet heart toward the Lord. That is to be encouraged. I refuse to be drawn into the debate...however, let me simply say this.

God's power to keep you is far and above the enemies power to deceive you. Do not walk around in fear like so many posters do. Jesus put it this way...

Luke11:11-13 ,"11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!".

Many of the fear mongering posts here just simply accuse Jesus of being dishonest in this verse. They seem to believe that people were at altars crying out to Jesus and the Father for deeper experiences in Him and somehow demons put a kandalini spirit on them. Well...either they are mistaken or Jesus was...as for me I know who I am going with.

Again, do not be in fear. Jesus loves you, and us, and His power to keep you far exceeds the enemies power to deceive you. It really is that simple.

Blessings,

Solomon101

2011/9/21 20:19Profile
Leeza

Re:

Blessings to you to Solomon. I will ponder your words.

2011/9/21 20:42Profile
Veronica226

Montana

Re:

Quote:
Does anyone honestly think ANYONE has actually been "warned of anything NEW"and "changed their views on anything" over this troll post?!?!?!

Ummm.... I had no idea any of this stuff was going on. I didn't even know it was as old as the 90s. And the documentary was posted only a year ago. That's not old. I wouldn't have known about ANY of this if it wasn't for this post. So this post has opened my eyes and since I will be a missionary in a place with animism I think I am better equipped now.

I don't see any fear mongering going on either.
I also see that from what I've read of past revivals, barking, hissing, laughing, convulsing and spasms "in the Spirit" did not happen. Weeping, repenting and maybe some shaking or even "slain in the Spirit" sure, but not this nonsense.

Also be careful about calling anyone a "troll." You don't know that. I've been here quite a while, but didn't sign up right away and didn't post for a while. Therefore I don't have all the "stars" like others. So maybe this person has been here a while, but doesn't post much. The stars next to your name about how "mature" a member you are mean diddly squat. It just means you spend more time on here posting than others.

2011/9/21 20:43Profile
Solomon101

Re:

Hey Veronica226-

Just a couple of things. Hopefully they help clarify.

YOU STATED: "I wouldn't have known about ANY of this if it wasn't for this post".
I RESPOND: I just used the SI search feature and found 98 posts about it on the site with the specific kundalini name in them. I suppose with this thread it is over 100 posts on the SI forums with the specific name in it and hundreds of total posts about the topic. That, in my mind at least, is a good bit.

YOU STATED: I also see that from what I've read of past revivals, barking, hissing, laughing, convulsing and spasms "in the Spirit" did not happen. Weeping, repenting and maybe some shaking or even "slain in the Spirit" sure, but not this nonsense.
I RESPOND: Do you personally claim to be the one who determines what ways God will allow people to respond to His presence? Where EXACTLY in scripture does it say He can not, or will not, cause any, or all, or these reactions. It is nowhere to be found. I am not necessarily saying He will...But..He does not have to operate in a way that you, or I, can understand or are comfortable with. He can do as He wills. Further, if you study past revivals you will indeed find some of these phenomena. BUT..none of that really matters in the final analysis. YOU CAN NOT TELL IF SOMETHING IS FROM GOD OR NOT BASED UPON MANIFESTATIONS. PERIOD. That is the problem! People making judgements based on manifestations. Manifestations are of no importance and determine nothing. Manifestations can not prove it is from God..nor can they prove it is not from God. May I suggest you read "RELIGIOUS AFFECTIONS" by the great Jonathon Edwards. He produced the gold standard on this topic during the first Great Awakening.

YOU STATED: be careful about calling anyone a "troll." You don't know that
I RESPOND: Point conceded that I do not know that for sure. However, it is an opinion based on many observations. Might you also concede that with the evidence given it is likely to be so?

YOU STATED:I don't see any fear mongering going on either.
I RESPOND: When I find people getting afraid that their churches are being invaded by "spirits".. to beware, etc. then I find that to be fear mongering by my definition at least. Look...if you, or others really believe that then take authority over it and cast it out. If you honestly think its of the devil then quit giving it a platform. Simply take authority over it and deal with it. It bothers me that the folks I see most vociferously pointing at some manifestation to prove something is not of God are never able to produce any supernatural validations from God in their own lives to contrast it with. They condemn another... but have no supernatural on tap in their own life from God to contrast it with. However , as for me I do not believe God is so impotent as to allow His children to be destroyed if they are seeking Him and His plan in their lives with a pure heart. NOT happening. Again, Jesus said it this way...

Luke11:11-13 ,"11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

Do you believe that?

The power of Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and our Heavenly Father to keep us far outweighs the enemies power to deceive us. I believe that. However, many have a view of God that seems to believe the enemies power of deception outweighs God's power to keep us. That, in itself, is actually the greater deception IMHO.

Blessings To You Veronica226

2011/9/21 21:43Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Solomon101,

You said, "Again, Jesus said it this way...
Luke11:11-13 ,"11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"
Do you believe that?"

It is true that Jesus said that. It is also true that Jesus said: "Be on guard!"
Mark 13:22-23 - "For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect. BUT BE ON GUARD; I have told you all things beforehand."

I know that Mormons convey evil spirits, claiming that it is the "Holy Spirit". They tell people to "invite that spirit" without discernment, using that same argument: "Would God give you a scorpion if you ask Him for an egg?" The result: Many people become demonized because they have invited an evil spirit, thinking it was the Holy Spirit.

In this case (Kundalini), when one has an unhealthy desire for the supernatural, it usually leads to accepting any spirit that will provide weird manifestations, and the person will label that "of God", even though it may clearly be the opposite.

Thus, believe God and ask in faith, yes (Luke 11:11-13). But, be on your guard as well (Mark 13:22-23). Don't blindly accept anything. Test everything (1 Thessalonians 5:21-22), especially the spirits.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
(1 John 4:1)

Love in Christ,
Renoncer

2011/9/21 22:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy