SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : New Living Translation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
a-servant

Re:

Creation7,

"....plus there are suttle changes to the Diety of Christ also" -> "those changes that amount to much" That's correct, as the context flows over from one post to another, and then gets general again.

To your previous question "are you basically saying" -> I checked, but didn't "basically say such a thing" so cannot comment on that.

2011/10/12 0:12Profile
Creation7

Re:

Quote:
I checked, but didn't "basically say such a thing" so cannot comment on that.

But you said:

Quote:
i don't have the insights into that, however do know about a few places in Asia that have ministries with American roots.These use english language Bibles as the background of their teaching that is in the local Asian languages.

and
Quote:
I could see that the language of the globe and our time is in fact english. You always find people that speak it, doesn't matter where you go.

Therefore, I'm asking: Are you saying that since "the language of the globe and our time is in fact English", that people do have to learn English to have God's perfect Word?

Please understand, I am not asking these questions in an argumentative tone. I don't think people who hold to the KJV are wrong. I'm simply studying the issue and trying to find out about it.

2011/10/12 10:01Profile
a-servant

Re:

For people that want to discuss other things than Bible versions, like God's government questions of dealing with humanity you could ask why God limited His practical dealing with humanity first to the Hebrew language only? And then extended it to the Greek speaking people. What's the exact reason for that, and possibly we can then make an assumption how this was again extended after that time.

This thread is about Bible versions we have in front of us, here is our first direct responsibility, and actual choices we have to make.

2011/10/12 20:41Profile
Jeff9

Re:

Well Jesus was a Jew!

2011/10/13 7:43Profile
Creation7

Re:

I don't really get what you're trying to say, a-servant. Are you answering yes or no to my question?

2011/10/13 7:50Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: New Living Translation

To ANYONE...

It would be nice if those who responded actually put WHO they were responding to!!

Thank you for reading this!

God bless,
Lisa

2011/10/13 10:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy