SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A New Movement?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 A New Movement?

"The greatest need of the times is a movement of God to bring His people to know the fullness of Christ!"
-T. Austin Sparks

The more I see the condition of the church, the trends, the messages being given in many pulpits, I begin to wonder if a new movement is needed! the power of the Gospel is something that will change and turn upside down cities, nations.. but more gospel messages go forth now more then ever and the world stays essentially the same. Instead of evangelistic effort and so called progress we need to get back to God.. and ensure we are preaching and teaching a message that is true and with power of the Holy Ghost. The "New Movement" doesn't necessarily mean a church denomination or grouping but rather a remenant of God's people who are allowing themselves to grasp and be taught by God Himself. Paul has an all-consuming revelation of Christ that fueled his life.. shouldn't we?

2004/12/22 16:23Profile
Rahman

Re: A New Movement?

Brother Greg i've wondered about this very same thing myself, and then i heard brother Ravenhill (God bless his soul) say, "We don't need a new denomination of Christianity, but a new demonstration of Christianity" ...

You wrote;
"I begin to wonder if a new movement is needed"!

And i begin to wonder if it's but as simple as our returning to "the old (original) movement of ...

Acts 2:
[42]
- And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine ...
(none other) ...

- and fellowship
(physically around one another constantly) ...

- and in breaking of bread
(physically sharing meals together) ...

- and in prayers
(physically seeking/speaking to our Lord together) ...

[44]
- And all that believed were together ...

- and had all things common ...
(do we have any idea what this even means anymore) ...

- And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need ...
(What! ... sell my Game Boy, etc. ? ... Yikes that would be a miracle! ) ...

[46]
- And they, continued daily with one accord in the temple ...
(What! ... 7 days straight in Church, and what is one accord? ... Ughhhh! ) ...

- and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart ...
(What! ... Have all these folk over to my crib for grub? ... i can barely stand em in church let alone my house) ...

[47]
- Praising God ...
(Only if He gives me health and wealth) ...

- and having favour with all the people ...
(if this means doing all of the above no wonder folk don't favor us selfish modern Christians) ...

- And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved ....
(Hmmmmm ... Maybe our abandonment of the Holy Ghost's movement for our more modern
movement is why some pastors are using marketing strategy to add to the church daily such as
should be "sold" ) ...

i see no way of Christ Church, particularly in the USA, voluntarily returning to our first love without having all the idols that we've erected in place of our pure worship to Him being torn down by His own unmistakable almighty hand ... Prophets, smophets, God sends us and His people come up with every rhyme and reason why we shouldn't be listened to, or believed, and so after His warning and waiting comes His own unmistakable hand of correction ... The latter is what i'm anticipating with the coming of 2005 ... Not because i want to see God's people suffering, but because i long to see us all collectively spiritually corrected and reconnected to His place and power for us, and the ceasing of our operating out of our own places and power ... i believe such a time is upon us ... i believe our Lord is done with pleading with His Church to wake up via the mortal mouths of His watchmen and is about to shake us from our stupor Himself! ... Yea come quickly Lord Jesus! ... Amen

2004/12/22 17:28Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Simplicity of the gospel

Hello all

My friend has a saying… “This place needs Jesus”. Brother Rahman outlined the gospel as the apostles preached it. What we need is the simple gospel of Jesus Christ. As Mr. Ravenhill says, “to be jealous for God’s glory. Not for freedom from sin, or prosperity, or miracles, or bigger churches, but a revival that no man dare put his name on!” This place needs Jesus. The problem with the church does not lie entirely with a lack of preachers merely, but a distinct lack of Christians altogether. Mr. Ravenhill said again, “if every “so-called” Christian in America would be a real Christian for one day we would have revival”

2 Corinthians 11:1-4 1 Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

James

2004/12/22 17:51Profile
Rahman

Re: Simplicity of the gospel

Greetings in Christ brother James ...

Yes as the scripture says;
"so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ"

That's about was has happened to so many of we saints, and it therefore shows as unhealthy bloat of worldly excess on the collective Body of Christ ...

As i was on my way to work this morning communing with he Lord in thought and prayer it ran across my mind how horribly self centered we saints/churches have become ...

it also ran across my mind that God's prophets were/are like the family doctor whom the Lord sends to His Body to say, "Hey if you quit (repent) now of all these bad habits you've picked up along the way, you won't have to see the Surgeon in the future" ... i think the Body of Christ now has to see the Surgeon ...

2004/12/23 9:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy