SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : JOY IN PERSECUTIONS by Madame Guyon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

JOY IN PERSECUTIONS by Madame Guyon

JOY IN PERSECUTIONS.
by Madame Guyon

I am very grateful to you, my dear sir, for your sympathy in my apparent ills. God has not permitted that I should consider them otherwise than blessings. I trust what appears to destroy the truth will, in the end, establish it. Those who maintain the inward reign of the Holy Spirit will yet suffer many persecutions. There is nothing of any value but the love of God, and the accomplishment of his will. This is pure and substantial happiness. This joy no man taketh from us.

It is my only desire to abandon myself into the hands of God, without scruples, without fears, without any agitating thoughts. Since I am there, O Lord, how can I be otherwise than happy? When divine Love has enfranchised the soul, what power can fetter it? How small the world appears to a heart that God fills with himself!

I love thee, my Lord, not only with a sovereign love, but it seems to me I love thee alone, and all creatures only for thy sake. Thou art so much the soul of my soul, and the life of my life, that I have no other life than thine. Let all the world forsake me; my Lord, my Lover lives, and I live in him. This is the deep abyss where I hide myself in these many persecutions. O, abandonment! blessed abandonment! Happy the soul who lives no more in itself, but in God. What can separate my soul from God? Surely, none can pluck me from my Father's hands. All is well, when the soul is in union with Him.

http://www.womenofchristianity.com/?p=3692#comment-1519

2011/9/10 18:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy