SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Timo Miller

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Creation7

Timo Miller

This isn't exactly "news", as it began in April of this year. Has anyone heard of his case? Here's a link that will tell you about it. This brother and his family definitely needs to be kept in our prayers.

http://timomiller.org/index.htm

2011/9/8 12:13Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Timo Miller

I am familiar with this case but do not know the latest or if there are any new developments in this situation.

The irony of this situation is striking. Lisa Miller chose to live in sin. She repented and now she wants the justice of God to prevail in her fight against her [former] lesbian lover. But while she was living in sin she spurned it. Hmmm. Is this not normal? People like to live in sin but then when the consequences come home to roost, it is "God save me from them?!"

Bless Timothy Miller - I know he did what he thought was right....

Chuck Swindoll is right when he observed Jonah's disobedience in running away from God: "when a person runs from God he creates a storm for other people." Jonah 1.

My opinion...

2011/9/9 13:01Profile
Creation7

Re: Timo Miller

Quote:
"when a person runs from God he creates a storm for other people."

That's a very profound statement. How true!

Quote:
Bless Timothy Miller - I know he did what he thought was right....

Do you believe he did not do the right thing?

2011/9/10 17:36Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

"Do you believe he did not do the right thing?"

I do not know. Ordinarily, I would have given a resounding "YES!" but I have read the book "A Song for Your Honor" by Kay Evans. In it she describes how she fled with her family after the death of her husband. She and her brain-surgeon husband home-schooled their children and since she was not as highly educated, etc. Kay's in-laws tried to get the children away from her...In fleeing she ended up in Guatemala where the Feds caught up with them and brought them back to the states. This story had a good ending but the question, 'was it a smart thing to flee?' goes begging and she is not sure either, but fleeing seemed to be the best option at the moment.

This book "A Song for Your Honor" is well written - written by Kay and her daughter. I have met them at a ladies' retreat a few years ago. They are fine Christian people. I highly recommend this book to anyone. Because of the nature of the story the writer is using an alias (to respect her parents-in-law) but the news reports of this incident used to be on the web.

(As Kay and her daughter were telling this story at the ladies' retreat, there were a couple of other attendees there who were deeply touched - they could relate. They came to the LORD and lived in obedience to the WORD and one set of grandparents worked to have their children removed from their homes, as well.)

Perhaps now you understand my reluctance in giving Timothy a blanket endorsement for his actions. He may have been acting according to God's will. Whatever he did was not sin, as I understand it. All I know is he has to answer to God and not me. In this I wish him, his family and all involved, the best.

Does this answer your question?

ginnyrose

2011/9/13 22:43Profile
Creation7

Re: ginnyrose

Quote:
Does this answer your question?

Yes, it does, if your answer is I don't know.

I have also read the book, and highly recommend it. Looking at it from a human perspective, I think that yeah, it probably wasn't the best thing for "Kay Evans" to flee, since she had to fight it out in court anyway (and won). However, she believed that the Lord wanted her to flee; and if He did, that obviously trumps all our human reasoning. But all that aside, the Lord obviously wanted to teach and show them some things through the whole experience.

In Tim Miller's case, I absolutely believe he did the right thing. His accusers are sarcastically calling it "kidnapping for Jesus". Get a grip, folks! This has absolutely NOTHING to do with kidnapping! The Sodomite who is trying to get that child in her grasp has NO legitimate right to be anywhere near that child. As the support network says,

Quote:
To those of us who are observing the situation, the accusation begs a question. How can a biologically unrelated individual who has not gone through the adoption process even have “parental” rights in the first place? Homosexual marriages are not recognized federally, nor are they recognized by most states. In fact, most states have specific prohibitions banning homosexual marriage, helping to prevent a situation like this from occurring.

Also, Lisa Miller left right before the court transferred primary custody away from the biological mother to an unrelated Sodomite. To stay and allow that to happen would have been sinful to say the least and wicked at most.
Tim was simply bearing her burdens, as the Bible says. We need to remember Matthew 25:40-"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
Yes, it might have been done in a wiser way (I heard that they did all the corresponding through e-mail, which of course was an open door for the FBI), but overall, I believe he did right.

2011/9/19 12:04Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

All I know is that God sometimes leads his children through some very strange pathways, some which make no sense at all. As in the case of Kay Evans I sense the children learned something of the LORD's leading in everyday affairs. And what price can you put on that? None.

In this particular case of Timo and Lisa it could happen that this experience will come as a powerful lesson to someone who is not actively involved in this situation, but God will use it to reach someone that cannot be touched by anything else.

One important lesson I see here is that one CANNOT play/indulge in sin and believe that upon repentance expect a harvest failure.

ginnyrose

2011/9/19 14:27Profile
Creation7

Re:

Quote:
In this particular case of Timo and Lisa it could happen that this experience will come as a powerful lesson to someone who is not actively involved in this situation, but God will use it to reach someone that cannot be touched by anything else.

One important lesson I see here is that one CANNOT play/indulge in sin and believe that upon repentance expect a harvest failure.

Well said. Amen.

2011/9/19 15:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy