SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: No Matter How Much you Pray, Repent, Plead, Obey If God Doesn't Choose You,

Codek,

Sounds to me like you have been reading to many articles, too many sermons, hence your confusion.

May I suggest you take a fast from reading theological works; fast from listening to sermons; fast from listening and observing others. Then you just search out the WORD, the Scriptures only and see what happens. Read the scriptures on your knees...if God is telling you you need to repent of something, do it. There may be a besetting sin that is blocking your relationship with God. Paul writes about that - I will let you look up that verse, you need the exercise.

You will find if you persist and are obedient to what he tells you. Too many want to hold onto a pet sin, hence the dryness of soul.

Blessings.

2011/9/7 10:58Profile

Re:

Quote:
The christians in my life are lukewarm christians who go to church for social reasons. None of them are saved. I don't know why I'm the only one of the people around that realize that something is wrong with the modern church today. I don't even know how i realized it.

Hi codek,

You say you "don't even know how you realized it".

You realized it because God IS speaking to you and you are hearing His voice.

Brother, you are suffering from lack of fellowship with others and with the Holy Spirit. I have been in a similar situation as you and it can be very depressing. But as some have mentioned, God is using it in your life.

I would begin by recognizing that Jesus Christ is indeed speaking to you and drawing you away from everything that is not of Him. But what now, you say?

He is trying to train you to lay aside every weight that so easily besets you and to look unto Him, the Author and Finisher of your faith.

We cannot trust in ourselves or even our brothers, we must put our full trust and hope in Him.

codek, the Lord is actually trying to bring you into much closer fellowship with Him. Just begin with baby steps and acknowledge that He is speaking to you and thank Him for that. He has chosen you brother. You must see this, because all of us do easily see it. I know I do.

Matt 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Matt 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Matt 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I will pray that you will find that place of rest with Him that He has provided for us. We all yearn for it, but to get it we must let go of our "labours" and burdens.

Just-in

The Lord knows how you feel.

Jer 9:2 Oh that I had in the wilderness a lodging place of wayfaring men; that I might leave my people, and go from them! for they be all adulterers, an assembly of treacherous men.

2011/9/7 11:05
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

Re: Hang in there

As often as I am reminded, I am going to uphold you in prayer that you be assured of God's unchanging everlasting love for you.
God will come through, dont give up on Him because He has not given up on you.
Pour out your heart to Him, tell it as it is, tell Him that you may not be reacting the way you aught to but at the end of it all tell Him that though you dont understand it all, you are still going to trust Him because you know He loves you.
Listen to no thought that tells you otherwise.
Also maybe you could mention your location (no need to mention personal details) here and one of the brothers or sisters could suggest a fellowship nearest to where you live. Maybe there is a whole hearted brother who stays very near to where you stay.
What then shall we say, if God did not spare His own Son, wont He with HIM, give us all things.
There is always someone in the word of God who might have gone through similar circumstances as you have, and God has always come through. So let us take heart!
James 5:10, 11 As an example, brethren, of suffering and patience, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord’s dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful.
Isaiah said there was no one left but him.
From Joseph all was taken away.
Job was ridiculed by his friends
Heb 12:1, 2 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

2011/9/7 12:54Profile

Re:

I have not bothered to read this whole thing (and probably a good thing I didnt), but the if the original author of this thread thinks that this is representative of reformed theology... he/she is completely wrong.

You can not repent and put your trust in Christ without His regenerating your heart and enabling you to do so anyway. ANYONE who repents and puts their trust in Christ IS SAVED. IS CHOSEN.

Without regeneration there is no ability to repent.

Krispy

2011/9/7 12:57
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Codek,

I think that there is much wisdom in what sister GinnyRose is saying.

Sometimes, during periods of confusion where our mind is clouded by so many thoughts, it is best to lay aside every weight of confusion (including every notion about doctrine) and simply spend time with the Lord and His Word.

Brother, all of your fretting or agonizing worry cannot make the Sun go up or down. God set it in order...for His purpose and our benefit.

Like many, I think that we often concern ourselves with passages of Scripture and build mountainous doctrines out of ant hills.

I would suggest leaving all of the confusion behind. Lay down any books or sermons that you might be listening to...and focus upon the simplicity and clear truths from God's Word.

During His time on Earth, many children came to Jesus. They weren't concerned with doctrines of "predestination." They weren't worried about eschatology. They weren't even worried about any traditions (including theological ones). Instead, they focused on what was really important -- spending time with Jesus.

After all, HE is all that truly matters.

I suggest that you simply stop running around with preconceived notions that you gleaned from books, sermons or contemplation, and instead just pick up the New Testament (particularly the Gospels) and fall in love with Jesus all over again. I would even suggest that you start with the Book of Luke (because Luke was quite a thinker as well).

One thing that I can promise you: Jesus sees you, hears you and loves you more than words can ever say! He sees your concern and fears...and holds nothing but the purest form of love than can ever be imagined for you. When you study the Gospels, I suggest that you do it slowly...and talk with Him as you read (asking for clarity). And remember that the things that He spoke 2,000 years ago were spoken with you also in mind.

I will be praying for you, brother. The Lord understands you...and He has great compassion for you. He loves you as much as any president, king, child or preacher featured on this website. Be encouraged.

2011/9/7 12:58Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Codek,

What do you want from Jesus, exactly? A better life? A life without trouble?

Sadly, the modern "gospel" message claims that God wants you to be happy and to have a better life here and now. This is as bad as the message of cults like the Jehovah's Witnesses (pay attention...), who try to make you focus on improving this life, rather than setting your hope on the inheritance that is in Christ. Don't listen to this junk (modern gospel or JW), because they will surely perish along with this world (2 Peter 3:7).

The truth is that:

If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.
(1 Corinthians 15:19)

For if we have been united with Him in a death like His, we shall certainly be united with Him in a resurrection like His.
(Romans 6:5)

Why are you upset at God? He has given you all things in Christ... Do you not care for the riches that are in Christ? (Eternal life, no more pain, no more sin, no more hypocrisy, God comforting you and wiping all tears from your eyes, seeing God face-to-face, no longer as through a dark glass, no more confusion, etc.) The reason why you are upset is because you wanted something that God had not promised. You wanted comfort, now... whereas God promised tribulations and trials... comfort comes later. (Acts 14:22, John 16:33)

Keep your eyes on the goal of your faith: the salvation of your soul! (1 Peter 1:9) Maybe you came to Jesus for the wrong reasons...

NOW IS THE TIME TO ACCEPT WHAT GOD HAS REALLY PROVIDED IN CHRIST JESUS: THE SALVATION OF YOUR SOUL. He paid the price at the cross, He conquered death by the resurrection. Do you think that God will refuse you if you accept His offer on His terms? Come on! May the Lord give you faith to see what His promises REALLY ARE, and to lay hold of them.

Love in Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

2011/9/7 12:58Profile
Careman

Re:

Codek,
If I have ever been thankful to the LORD for saving me, I am thankful that He made me to know the depths of Islam and the emptiness therein because it is all human philosophy and disjointed human reasoning laced with absurd spirit interjections. Now I know the LORD Jesus and I am so free from man's chains and shackles. All my days I will crave to know Jesus more and more - not Calvinism, not Armenian ism, not Moseism, not Elijaism and all what not. If any of them is worth devoting my attention to, I will only do so to the extent that they are able to point me to Jesus Christ. Without Jesus Christ, Christianity is blank, bland, epileptic religion. It has no meaning and will never bring meaning to anyone who practices it. Thank God, I know Jesus! Beloved, endeavour to know Jesus, open your heart and listen to Him.

2011/9/7 14:21Profile
mama27

Re:

Codek,

I have had you on my prayer list since I joined SI almost a year ago now....I am glad for this thread to remind me to be more fervent in my prayers for you. I have a 26-y/o son who has said almost identical things to what you are saying with just slightly different language. There is NOTHING a mother wants more than the salvation of her children, but I have been helpless to help my son in all my reasonings and quotings of Scripture to him. I am only saying this to let you know that to some level I hear and understand your pain and frustration. While it MUST be an act of God in your life, you also MUST keep on seeking.....I will be more in prayer for you.....

2011/9/7 15:02Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Codek,
I was reading Ray Comfort's book entitled "God has a wonderful plan for your life: The myth of the modern message", when I came across a passage that made me think about you. My heart was again very burdened for you... oh, how my heart aches for you!

"Christ was sent to heal the brokenhearted, to give peace to those that were troubled and humbled for sins, and to bring them to rest who were weary and heavy-laden, under the burden of guilt and corruption"

I want you to know that I am praying for you.

Listen to the words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life:
"I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich!) and the slander of those who say that they are Christians and are not, but are an assembly of Satan. Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be TESTED, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who OVERCOMES will not be hurt by the second death."
(Revelation 2:8-11)

2011/9/7 15:27Profile
Renoncer

PRAYER CALL FOR CODEK

Greg (SI moderator),
Can we have a prayer call tonight for Codek? I really feel burdened for him. I don't know how to set that up (the call), so if anyone has the ability, they could set up a time and a number that we can call.

Sincerely in Christ,
Renoncer

2011/9/7 15:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy