SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

2011/9/23 2:34

Re:

Try memorizing Hebrews chpt 12.

2011/9/23 3:36
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Codex, how many of us really know what it is to be born again? Jesus told Nicodemus, you must be born again, even to begin to understand the things of God. What does it mean, replyed Nicodemus? Jesus used the wind to give him an answer. Do you know where the wind is coming from? At that time the answer was, no. Do you know where it is going, no. We know where the wind is coming from and where it is going and can see the effects of it, because we now have a better understanding of meterology.

If God is our Father, what does it take to be a Father? It takes Seed, (sperma) of God for HIm to be a Father.

1 Peter 1:23, says we are born again of the incorruptable Seed of the Father which is Christ the Word. Paul was raised up from his mothers womb to bring this message direct from Jesus Christ Himself, in Paul, to fulfill the Word of God. This mystery by Pauls Gospel, "My Gospel", this mystery which is, ""Christ in you the hope of Glory"", which Paul speaks of in all his epistles, specifically, "In Christ", 146 times.

This is like the wind, or a woman being pregnant, some know immediatly they have new life in them, some it takes time until the life begins to move, some don't know until delivery.

Being born again of the incorruptable Seed of the Father is Pauls message. If you want to know what this new life means to those who have been born again, new creatures in Christ, new Life in us, then study Pauls epistles, especially Eph 1, which is highest of what God has to offer those who have been born again, chapter 3 is also in this catagory.

No matter what we do, we cannot make new life come to us, it takes the Life of the Father to give new life to present every man perfect in Christ JEsus. Col 1:26-27. This is our only labor. Even this labor is according to His labor, which works in us mightily. Col 1: 28. The harder we try the less we accomplish, the more we try to govern our life in accordance to what we think God wants the less is accomplished in our life for the Kingdom. We also must be very careful in all we do, thinking it is of God, because we have a liar and deceiver who wants to be our god, he only kills and destroys and us thinking we are doing what God wants, then comes joy of satan, he has gotten us to blame all our problems on God.

If Christ is born again in us, God will never take that away, Christ is in us and with us forever, our new life, if God would take away His Fatherhood, He would be an abortionist, God forbid.

We must enter His Rest, whom God says the wicked will never enter. But we that are His children by birth, have already entered that rest, most of us just don't believe it.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/9/23 16:18Profile
jezusppl

Re: Salvation

I've been read all the posts so far and i was just wondering too i've been seeking Jesus for 2 years maybe not as much as Codex for like 10 years or something but i've been seeking for 2 years and am a senior rite now in high school and it's pretty cool how ur korean-american Codex cuz i am too, not saying that your situation is cool but i can relate and it's an encouragment, Codex was discussing how he's been seeking for a decade but no help whatsoever and feels as if god isn't speaking to him, i'm just curious and please no judging but love and me too i'm not really convinced that i'm saved or born-again because i don't think that i believe in the gospel personally, but what i wanted to ask was why do people seek so hard and try different things yet they don't seem to come to that CRAZY PEACE that only comes from looking to Jesus and even trying to look to jesus for me nothing really happens and it's even harder because i have Satan whispering in my ear or myself telling myself about bringing condemnation...why do some people just get saved on the spot when they hear the gospel?

O and codex i hope this helps and i watched it but didn't really get any heart change but maybe when you watch it it'll help...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ-LZiF8NTc&feature=related

2011/9/24 22:45Profile
Lkid

Re:

salvation experience is different for different people. Some have dramatic experiences and others, like myself, it wasn't particularly so. Some remember the day and events clearly, others can't peg down a specific day, or can't remember the events that well.

A few verses that have come to me for Codek, and you jezusppl is:

1Jo 4:9 By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.

Rom 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

We don't look for a demonstration of God's love except this: He sent His Son to die for us. Any other warming of the heart or other thing is insignificant compared to this. I don't say this to condemn you in anyway but to show you to look no further than this for your confirmation that God loves you!

Jhn 16:27 "for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God

1Cr 8:3 but if anyone loves God, he is known by Him.

1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

These verses show that when we put our faith in Him we come to know God.

Lloyd

2011/9/24 23:11Profile
jezusppl

Re:

yeah but when you're saved you know without a doubt because god gives you assurance

2011/9/24 23:13Profile
jezusppl

Re:

hey codek did you watch the vid? o yeah do you have a fb?

2011/9/24 23:59Profile

Re: No Matter How Much you Pray, Repent, Plead, Obey If God Doesn't Choose You,

The title of this thread is a reproach when seen on the Homepage of SermonIndex. What sort of witness is it to those "searching"? It's a blatant lie and I pray that those seeing this title will look in their Bibles at how many times Jesus said "whosoever will" and whosoever calls upon the Name of The LORD 'will' be saved.
Just call in sincerety and don't pay attention to the few on this website that belittle Jesus Who paid for the "sins of the world" by a torturous death.
Forgiveness and a new life is free to all who will call out to Him in sincerety.

The Bible says that there are those who will muddy up the Good News of Jesus, but read the New Testament, without anyone's commentary on it and see that Jesus never turns ANYONE down that comes to Him with a sincere heart - not looking for anything but forgiveness and a true One-on-one relationship with Him. He created us to love and to have children that Love Him and His Commandments in the New Testament were written to "protect" His children and He said, If you Love Me, you'll desire to keep His Words.
He said, Behold I knock at the door - whosoever opens - I will come in and dine with Him and he with me.

This is to "whosoever" reads the title of this thread but haven't posted here. Jesus died for the sins of the world and invites ALL to come and be forgiven and made new and enjoy His Love.

Though 3 may post against Him on a forum - do not let that keep you from talking to Jesus Himself and read His New Testament about Him and see that He is Good and a purely Loving GOD - "not willing that ANY should perish" and ignore the nay-sayers - please - for you're own soul's sake. He loves the world and will accept anyone who calls out to Him for forgiveness, and to be invited into one's life to change us into His Image as we walk with Him.
He is The Good Shepherd and His Sheep will KNOW His Voice and follow Him. John 10.

"Whosoever will - Come unto Him" He doesn't lie but He is lied about by humans. Pay them no mind and just read a New Testament alone and see the Great Love He offers "whosoever will" call out to Him. Amen.

2011/9/25 3:53
BroFrank001

Re: Presdesination towards Hell --can you be lost, even if you really want to be saved?

Please consider the following quote from the Scriptures (brace yourself, it isn't one of those nice feely passages!).

= = = =
Hebrews 6:1-6

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
And this will we do, if God permit.
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
= = = =

If there ever was a person who should go to Hell, it is myself. Born and raised in a Christian home, I became a backslider at the age of 12, to go my own way. --Forgot to mention, also became an Atheist-a real one. What is a real Atheist? Since this is a Christian site, perhaps you will understand what I say when I say that I was possessed with a spirit of unbelief.

I gave myself to it, so that I could go my own way.

Yet, because I was a backslider, I had an advantage that many others do not have: I started to realize that I really was missing something. You see, when you are saved you are a part of God's Universe: the world makes complete sense to you. He is your Father, and you can look up at the sky, and say, "That's a beautiful series of pastels, You are painting in the sky this evening, Father." You know Him, and that makes life truly worth living. In fact, if things go bad, (really bad) it only makes you look forward to one day leaving here, to be with Him--and then, amazingly, you find that you don't have to go to Him, He comes to you (Jn. 14:18). Anyway, to get back to what happened when I backslid.

I found that I couldn't come back.

Really, I prayed, and what have you, but couldn't make it back. What was wrong? I know that your situation is a little different from mine, because I actually have a text that logically locks me out (or, maybe it is similar, come to think of it--your pretext would be assuming you're not predestined . . .).

For me, the answer was in the text that says that the real backslider crucifies Christ afresh. (I know, some reading this will say, "You can't loose your salvation!!" --Forgive those of us who simply believe the Scriptures: read 2 Peter 2:21,22, and the implication of Rev. 3:5 --are you saying that Jesus was bluffing, in this passage? You don't know the Lord (excuse me, Don't understand Him - see Matt. 23:23 and meditate on it for a week or two . . . .))

So I had to "walk the aisle" again, and shame myself in public and RUN FOR MY LIFE! I mean that, I cut every bridge with the devil that I could think of. I let loose my girlfriend, you name it. I know, modern "churchianity" would seldom dares to tell you to be so radical. I'm just telling you what I went through.

--And the Lord was STILL way off, away up in Heaven!

What was going on????

It was not until receiving the baptism in the Holy Spirit (another subject, altogether) that I started to realize that the assurance was there (Romans 8:12-16).

The Lord promises to give His Holy Spirit to all who will ask (Lk 11:13). I was so confounded in these issues (by contrary teachings) that I once felt the Spirit descend, and heard the wind, but resisted His coming. I had to be desperate enough to allow God to take control.

Now, I am NOT encouraging anyone to attend a particular type of church, etc. There is mess out there, in all of them (if not, when I attend, it arrives):)

No, the answer is deeper than that. I do believe that the Lord had a definite reason for standing back, while I sought Him. HE didn't want for me to even consider sliding back again (this thought comes to me, when hearing of those who go forward to be saved, after slipping back into sin, week-after-week-after week).

I have been walking with the Lord, past that return to Him for over 30 years now, and I have seen Him do things that, if I weren't there, I wouldn't believe it was possible. So, don't give up, my brother. He has something special for you--but it is probably on a road less traveled.

OK. You want to know what I mean, in plain English. If you have read any of my earlier posts, you may notice my bent towards Bible prophecy. It's not a bent. We are heading into the Tribulation. The church in the US is largely a Laodicean church: rich and prosperous, but short of spiritual substance. The Lord may be preparing you for what is ahead. This can only be done when you are truly desperate enough to totally, and absolutely, surrender to Him (Prov. 27:7).

Try secret (emphasis: secret -- Matt. 6:1-6) prayer and fasting. God is real. He will answer you (Jer. 29:13, 14). When He does, remember to walk humbly with your God (Micah 6:8).

Be blessed in Jesus.

my website: TheUPlook.com

2011/9/25 5:02Profile
jezusppl

Re:

So your telling us to be desperate, i just don't get it though if God says whosoever why in the world does it take SOOO long and very confusing walk to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ? Could you mind telling me your testimony? Yes i found your words encouraging and reassuring! Thanks!

2011/9/25 12:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy