SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Inspiration from Isaiah.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lkid

Re:

Hi everyone, where are you at, Isaiah is one of my favorites!

2011/9/12 23:25Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I just read chapter 3 the other day still trying to soak it in really. great book altogether, feel free to join us. :)

2011/9/12 23:30Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Isaiah 4

Thanks for the Insight on chapter 4 kono its very well thought out and was very helpful to me when I read chapter 4, I find it interesting that the women of Israel are reduced to absolutely nothing before they cry out to the "One Man" They became undesireable so much to the point they vowed to provide for themselves but to take the name of the man.

I wrote in my bible "The people of Israel will be reduced to graveling to their other lovers but find no honor but only shame, but then they find redemption in Christ.

This reminds me of the Song of Solomon chapter 1:5 where it says "I am dark yet I'm lovely" This is a beautiful place to be knowing your faults and failures yet still confidently know you are a lovely bride to the bridegroom.

My cousin told me tonight something that is so very true, sometimes God's best addition can only be done through subtraction. God had to remove the outward Loveliness of Israel in order for her to return to Him, of course by their sinful life they removed their own loveliness BUT oh the promise of this chapter is wonderful! God is saying something we all need to hear: Despite your failures and your undesirable traits I, the GOD OF EVERYTHING, still want you for myself. That is mind blowing :)

2011/9/13 7:03Profile
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Re: Isaiah 4

Another preacher have talked about John 8: 1-11, the woman taken in adultery.
The message was: Our place.

Our place is not among the pharisees. They only want to sit in judgement on her, but they are hyppocrites.
Our place is surely not Jesus' place.

So only one place left for us: the place of the sinful woman, who has a strong need of Jesus' grace. This is the only place of everyone, who want to be saved!

Of course, she needs restoration, but only through Jesus. He never told her, go, and do the same again, but to go and do not sin anymore.
He knew her thirsty heart, and that legalism would never change her, but His grace changed her heart forever.

It has come to my mind, when reading You.

2011/9/13 8:11Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Isaiah 5:20, 24

20 Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.

24 Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw
and as dry grass sinks down in the flames,
so their roots will decay
and their flowers blow away like dust;
for they have rejected the law of the LORD Almighty
and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.

What I picked up from this pretty long and detailed chapter is that God doesn't do Grey, in our day and age where we have started trying to define sin to appease the masses we place our focus on the Greys of life. God sovereignly knows what is Good, light, and Sweet alternatively He also know what is evil, dark, and bitter. He has blessed us with His Word so we too will know these things but we like Israel are guilty of verse 24 We have rejected the Law of the Almighty Lord and spurned the Word of God. We must return to the read of His Word along with following it and agree with what it calls Good, Light, and Sweet and Evil, Dark, and Bitter.

This is an very deep chapter I am still mediating about it I highly recommend one to camp in this verse for a while :) I may share more as the Lord leads me.

2011/9/16 8:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Isaiah 5:20, 24

"20 Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.

24 Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw
and as dry grass sinks down in the flames,
so their roots will decay
and their flowers blow away like dust;
for they have rejected the law of the LORD Almighty
and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel."

V. 24 is a powerful promise: these folks who call good evil, evil good will be destroyed. They will be as straw in a fire. Know how straw burns in a fire? Very quickly. You sure cannot use straw to grill meats - it is too short lived.

Sometimes I think we lose sight of this fact. We think God is sure taking his time to bring about justice, but the scripture tells us that God is not willing that any should perish.

So, it behooves us to discern what is good and evil and allow this knowledge to teach us in all of our decision making.

" I highly recommend one to camp in this verse for a while :)"

AMEN!

2011/9/16 11:59Profile
paps

Re:

didnt see this tread early but I think is not to latee to join

2011/9/16 12:38Profile
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Re: chapter 5

It is not too late to join, we are at chapter 5.

Ézs 5:4 What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?
Ézs 5:5 And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:
Ézs 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

This is the same, that John talks about in chapter 15: not only Israel can be the vineyard, but we, the christian folks of God.

It is a solid truth of the Kingdom of Heaven, that
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. (Mt 7:19 )
Therefor we must not forget the fear of God! He is Love, but still consuming fire for all who hate His words. From time to time, I feel alone with this truth, because today everyone are just repeating: God is love, God is love... Sometimes I think there may be some problem with my understanding of the Bible, but later I find these verses, and realize, I am right.

My favourite words in this chapter are:
Ézs 5:18 Woe unto them that draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as it were with a cart rope:
Ézs 5:19 That say, Let him make speed, and hasten his work, that we may see it: and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it!

Do not we hear these a lot: Let Him make speed and hasten His work? Do not we ourselves tell these words sometimes about revival? And still do not want to repent from our sins!
This shows, that only those, who are willing to repent, has the right to accelerate God's work (revival).

Ézs 5:25 Therefore is the anger of the LORD kindled against his people, and he hath stretched forth his hand against them, and hath smitten them: and the hills did tremble, and their carcases were torn in the midst of the streets. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

I am shocked about these harsh words. Today we can not hear anything that sounds like this.
Most of the so called christians do not want to hear any threat, for they tell God is working only through encouragement. We are used to caress, even if it kills us, for they are lies.
2Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2011/9/17 7:53Profile
lastdayswork

Revisit Isaiah 4 for a second.

Seven women (seven the number of completeness) want to have a name (Church of Jesus) but refuse the bread (John 6:35 - "I am the bread of life" - This smacks of both our day, AND the time to come after believers are taken out when Judaism becomes part of the one world religion.
I believe that chapter 4 takes us through the rapture and into the tribulation in chapter 5 where we see it wrapping up with God bearing down on the earth - see also Isaiah 13:3,4,5 and on where God has gathered His mighty ones from the end of the universe to come to the battle of Armageddon... then Isaiah 13 continues on - compare Is 13:13 to the great earthquake in Rev 6:12, 11:13 & 16:18.

Many things are written in the Bible to be read in conjunction - Mt 24 & Luke 17 for example.
Thank you for letting me comment on the study in Isaiah.

2011/9/17 22:42Profile
rorichts

Central Iowa

Re: not alone

you are not alone, and true those understanding what is written are becoming harder to find, but what is truth is truth. Be encouraged you may pm me if you feel led.
Blessings
rich
Iowa USA

2011/9/17 22:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy