SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Inspiration from Isaiah.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Re: cleanse the wounds

This verse 6 is translated into hungarian: instead of cleanse the wound, it uses "crush out" the wound. You can imagine :D

If You crush out the matter out of the wound, it is much more painful, than if You leave it alone.

Chambers told, that sin is not causing any pain, as it makes You numb. Pain comes only when the Spirit starts His work on Your heart.

Edwards told that the pain, when realizing sins of your heart, must be so high, as if You had lost Your most precious thing on earth.
I think people forgot the way of repentance. Everyone wants to get rid easily of the sin, but without pain. Noone can convince me, that it works.

2011/9/8 9:12Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

"Do not hurry so much!:)"

I agree! Isaiah is so wonderfully rich! Mine it for all its worth! :-)

I look forward to this study...

2011/9/8 9:12Profile
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Re:

1, Ézs 3:1 ​​​​​​​Look, the sovereign LORD who commands armies is about to remove from Jerusalem and Judah every source of security, including all the food and water...

That is for only He wants to be our security! In hungarian, translated to: support. It is grace, when we have no other support, only God. We are afraid of this state sometimes, but this is the best for us. We do not have to depend on circumstances, but depend on Him alone.

2, Ézs 3:6-7 ​​​​​​​Indeed, a man will grab his brother right in his father’s house and say, ‘You own a coat – you be our leader! This heap of ruins will be under your control.’ ​​​​​​​At that time the brother will shout, ‘I am no doctor, I have no food or coat in my house; don’t make me a leader of the people!’”

Now, we see people are fighting for positions. Everyone wants to be a leader, and collect admiration of men.
I have a position in the hungarian baptist youth comittee. Yesterday, my friend called me, and told: on the next session, some other guys may get our places. For they do not like us so much- as we are not willing to support all of their ideas, as a case of conscience.
I laughed:) Told him, that I do not care. With or without position, I do the same. If someone wants to take this responsibility instead of me, and the load of the work we have to do in dead wind, I am ready to gladly give him my position. For all of them wants positions. Not to serve God's people, but position and power.

3, Ézs 3:10-11 ​​​​​​​Tell the innocent it will go well with them, for they will be rewarded for what they have done.
Too bad for the wicked sinners! For they will get exactly what they deserve.

It is the day of the Lord. Some long for the day of the Lord, singing and praying: "Send Your fire, Lord!" You know, we have these kind of worship songs.
They do not know, what they ask for. It is a day of the joy only for the righteous, but day of fear and mourning for all the sinners.

4, Ézs 3:15 ​​​​​​​Why do you crush my people and grind the faces of the poor?” The sovereign LORD who commands armies has spoken.

Look at this, how wonderful God we have. He is just the opposite, what leaders of the world think about the poor, small, and downtrodden. They are precious for Him. They have greater priority in front of God, than the powerful, healthy and wealthy.

5, Ézs 3:16 ​​​​​​​The LORD says, “The women of Zion are proud. They walk with their heads high and flirt with their eyes. They skip along and the jewelry on their ankles jingles.

We find here the same picture as in Rev 17, and also at many other prophets: this is the great whore, the prostitute ( I don't know, which You use). The church that had husband (God), but is not faithful to Him. The wealth of the world is more important to her, than the true love of His husband. For the church has turned from God to the world. It does not matter to her, if she gains God's pleasure, but to gain the pleasure of the world. With power, schools, wealth, singing choirs, etc. When the bridegroom comes for his bride, he takes with himself only those who are faithful to Him.
Or would anyone marry a bride that had made prostitute with others, while he was not there?

2011/9/9 7:55Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Isaiah 2:12-18 NASB

Kono wrote:
"That is for only He wants to be our security! In hungarian, translated to: support. It is grace, when we have no other support, only God. We are afraid of this state sometimes, but this is the best for us. We do not have to depend on circumstances, but depend on Him alone."

This is a vital point in understanding the reasons for God's judgments. Too many folks cannot see past the immediate hurt and see this.

Isa. 2:12-18 shares some of the details...how God will work to destroy or cripple all the things that people look to for security.

People - v. 12: For the LORD of hosts will have a day of reckoning Against everyone who is proud and lofty
And against everyone who is lifted up,
That he may be abased.

Nature: v. 13-14:And it will be against all the cedars of Lebanon that are lofty and lifted up, Against all the oaks of Bashan, Against all the lofty mountains,
Against all the hills that are lifted up,

National security - v. 15: Against every high tower,
Against every fortified wall,

Commerce - v. 16:Against all the ships of Tarshish
And against all the beautiful craft.

Reason? v. 17:The pride of man will be humbled
And the loftiness of men will be abased;
And the LORD alone will be exalted in that day,

Result? - v.18: But the idols will completely vanish.

And there is more.

2011/9/9 12:15Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Isaiah 3:16-26

Im was completely impressed with chapter 3, if chapter two is about removing supports other than God then chapter 3 is its detailed execution. Of all the things that stuck out the most though is the Men's support is taken away and then the Lord takes extra time for the Women of Zion. Starting at verse 16 to 26

The women of Zion apparently would loose their one and only support their men likely wouldn't have and that is their looks, even their fragrance would be lost. But a women could sell her body easily to the pagan world BUT God removed that avenue by ruining their looks.

I do see it as beautiful poetry though, God is simply causing the outside to match the inside of Jerusalem and that is Ugly. And this would cause no one to want to partner with something so ugly, the actualy women of Jerusalem and the City of Jeruselem itself.

2011/9/12 8:38Profile
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Isaiah 4

Isaiah 4,1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

It is essential to everyone, that want to have life, to call on the name of the Lord. We have to do the same; but our Lord gives much more: not only He takes our shame away, but He gives his own righteousness as apparel, and His own body as bread.

2 In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious:

This is the one man, written in verse 1, Jesus Christ.
And if someone grabs this man, call on the name of this man, will be saved:

4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.

Holy means: separated for Him, as a fiance'e.

Ézs 4:3 And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:

And if someone belongs to Jesus, to covenant with Him, in marriage, will have His presence:

5 And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.”

His presence is:
Ézs 4:6 And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.

A tabernacle, Hebrews 13:14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
His bread will be our bread, His home will be our home, His name will be our name.

2011/9/12 13:31Profile
Leeza

Re: Inspiration from Isaiah.

Just saw this for the first time~! can anyone join in? I love Isaiah!

2011/9/12 17:41Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Everyone is welcome :) Really the only "rule" is when you post something put what Chapter and verse you are going to talk about or just what chapter this helps with keeping stuff organized a bit better.

2011/9/12 17:43Profile
Leeza

Re:

Isaiah 6 1

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple.

Oh, this one is too much for me to even take in.

2011/9/12 17:57Profile
Leeza

Re:

Think this might be revival:
Isaiah 6

1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:

“Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory.”

4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.”

2011/9/12 18:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy