Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Suicide in Japan

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Suicide in Japan

I just read this report:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/09/06/lah-japan-tsunami-suicides.cnn?&hpt=hp_c2

I consider it sobering. It said how Japan has the highest rate of suicide in the world, one every fifteen minutes. Experts fear the rate will spike in the near future when the reality of the loss experienced in the tsunami sinks in.

I wonder - are there any Christians there ministering to these victims? This is the first question that came to my mind - I would not expect a secular news agency to report if there was.

2011/9/6 16:31Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Suicide in Japan

Quote:
I wonder - are there any Christians there ministering to these victims? This is the first question that came to my mind - I would not expect a secular news agency to report if there was.

There are a number of missionary groups in Japan and all of the traditional denominations have a presence in Japan and there are no restrictions on evangelism yet the country is less than half a percent Christian. The enemy's grip on these people is remarkable and Japan remains one of the most secular nations in the world. This kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting...

In Christ,

Ron

2011/9/6 17:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy