SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Hardened and tempered

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Hardened and tempered

When I was a young man in high school, I remember making a screwdriver. I knew that before it could actually be used, it had to be placed in a furnace and heated to a certain temprature( very hot) then it was taken by tongs and plunged into water. The process was called Hardening and tempering. Unless this metal tool was hardened and tempered, it would not be able to be used, it would be too soft. Have you been hardened and tempered in your Christian walk? Have you been placed into the furnace where all the dross is burned away? Have you been plunged into the waters of life?

One of the very few visions I have ever had in 21 years of Christianity happened about nine years ago, while I was in church no less. I was just standing there when suddenly it seemed that I had fallen back into a shallow fast flowing river. I was laying on the bottom and the water was flowing over me. I almost let out a gasp. The Lord spoke to my heart and told me to be calm. This was indeed a foriegn place and I was lying on and surrounded by thousands of smooth stones. The Lord conveyed to me that I was to be still, and let the waters flow over me. The stones that surrounded me were not shaped by human hands, and the Lord wanted to shape me, take the edges off, let the waters of life make me a smooth stone..........

I once was forsaken
Broken and blind
I was lost in the darkness
I was lost in my mind

Hardened and tempered
Refined of all dross
Hardened and tempered
Whatever the cost

And then I found Jesus
Now forever I'll be
Bathed in your beauty
Closer to thee