SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The wrong roles

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

The wrong roles

Wife and I went to church this morning and she noticed something, and I did after she brought it up. They have a high school pastor and a college and career pastor. The latter preaches during the Saturday evening service. THis morning we heard the high school pastor.

We are of the opinion that these pastors need to switch their roles. We both found that the high school pastor has more maturity in his preaching. He seems to have more life behind him whereas the college pastor speaks in circles too much. He usually too many analogies and it feels like he tries to hard to make the analogy fit what he is saying. Does that make sense? I have wondered if I should bring that up to the church or just let it go.

I found it amusing and wondered what process going into selecting these leaders for certain roles.

btw, this is a Nazarene church.

2011/9/4 11:54Profile
Questor

Re: The wrong roles

I think you need to present a request for change only after examining both speakers for several sermons each, that you may be as accurate in your opinion as possible.

Be cautious in speaking to the elders, since you will be affecting the lives of others for good or ill.

Q

2011/9/4 23:54Profile
InLove

Re: The wrong roles

Also take into count that God may want the more mature one in that roll for some reason, somebody. I'm just saying when I try to change things by my reason God destroys my reason and does it His way. So just prayerfully be careful. \

In Love,
Joe

2011/9/5 4:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy