SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Saints of Courage

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Saints of Courage

In 1 Cor.1:16:13 Paul exhorts his readers to be men of courage. The following are two examples of saints who have in their courage stood for Jesus.

Mussie Eyob is a young believer from Eritrea. He cane to Christ about 2 years ago while working in Saudi Arabia. In his love for Jesus be began to boldly share Jesus with moslens. This past spring he was arrested for sharing Jesus in front of a Saudi mosque. Or I should say he was preaching Jesus in front of a Saudi mosque. The authorities thought he was crazy. He was remanded for psychiatric evaluation. After all you do not preach Christ bodly in the home of Islam. Found fit to stand trial this brother is now in prison where he may be looking at the death penalty or may be deported back to Eritrea which will be certain death for sure. God has marked him as a man of courage.

The next case is better known. Asia Bibi is a peasant woman whose stand for Jesus Christ has put her in prison and on death row. A simple act of mercy of getting water for her Moslem coworkers resulted in vicious insult from her coworkers. She declared a witness for Jesus Christ. Her witness landed her in jail. Much to the delight of the moslems she is sentenced to death. Unless God intervenes in her case she will be the first woman to be executed in Pakistan on blasphemy charges.

Both Mussie Eyob and Asia Bibi were unassuming saints with a ferverant love for Jesus. They refused to be silent and testify of Jesus. This speaking out has cost them and cost them dearly. Can we on this forum continue to be silent regarding the petsecuted? For too long the western church has been silent much to Satan's glee regarding the persecuted. I cannot be silent but must cry out that there is a persecuted church.

In Proverbs we are admonished to speak justice for the afflicted. This our walk of holiness. Jesus said that the sheep would be known for visiting those in prison. Probably those imprisoned for their faith. We are admonished in Heb.13:3 to remember those in prison and those who are suffering as if we ourselves are suffering.

I ask if our brothers and sisters are speaking out for Christ and suffering for it can we continue to ignore them????

Submitted in Christ,

Blaine Scogin

2011/9/2 19:29
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re: Saints of Courage

The sheep will be known for their love that will even jeopardize their very lives if circumstances permit no other option.. We get to see the extreme played out in these other countries, while the opportunities abound around us, not given to the restrictions placed elsewhere. Can't imagine wanting to stay off the government or persecuting religion's radar and then become an obvious suspect by the act of visiting those in prison.

2011/9/3 9:50Profile

Re: Lylewuse

Hebrews 10:32-34 records
Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering. Sometimes you were publically exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property because you knew that you youselves had better and lasting possessions.

Something penetrating about the above verses.

Blaine

2011/9/3 10:08
MaryJane

Re:

I am praying for these brothers and sisters. I pray that they would be strengthened and encouraged in Christ. I can not imagine the suffering they endure but I believe their love for the Lord is very strong.

God Bless
mj

2011/9/3 11:32Profile

Re: MJ

Dear sister God will not forget the love you are showing him by praying for the persecuted. Hebrews 6:10 bears this out. Thank you much for your prayers. May God bless you.

Blaine

2011/9/3 12:16

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy