SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : IS GOD WILLING TO COME TO MY HELP? David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

IS GOD WILLING TO COME TO MY HELP? David Wilkerson

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2011
IS GOD WILLING TO COME TO MY HELP?
by David Wilkerson

Do you believe God is willing to come quickly to solve your problem?

Here is where many Christians fail. They know God has all they need—they admit He cares but they are not convinced He is willing to come quickly to help them.

When God does not answer their cry right away, they imagine hindrances and inner blockages in themselves. They think of all kinds of reasons why the Lord must not be willing to come to their aid.

On Mount Carmel, Elijah accused the pagan God Baal of child neglect:

"They…called on the name of Baal from morning even till noon, saying, "O Baal, hear us!" But there was no voice; no one answered" (1 Kings 18:26, NKJV).

"And so it was, at noon, that Elijah mocked them and said, 'Cry aloud, for he is a god; either he is meditating, or he is busy, or he is on a journey, or perhaps he is sleeping and must be awakened.' So they cried aloud, and cut themselves, as was their custom...until the blood gushed out on them...but there was no voice; no one answered, no one paid attention" (1 Kings 18:27-29, NKJV).

Hear these words again: "There was no voice…no answer…no one paid attention."

This is exactly how we accuse God of child neglect! We pray, we cry aloud to God, but we go our way not believing He has heard us! We walk away from the Lord's presence—away from the church, away from the secret closet—wondering if He has even paid attention!

The Lord is always ready to hear and answer our cry for help. I love what David said of Him: "For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You... In the day of my trouble I will call upon You, for You will answer me" (Psalm 86:5, 7, NKJV).

David said, "My God is ready and willing to answer me in the very moment I cry out to Him! I do not stop and contemplate my trouble. I do not grieve over it or try to figure it out. I go to my Lord and cry, 'Help!'"

That is all God is waiting for—your heartbroken cry, uttered in child-like faith!

2011/9/2 15:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy