SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Obey Your Leaders and Submit To Them (Heb. 13:17) by Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
mikey2

Re:

Hi Oracio,

I don't feel the any pressure from you and I can answer honestly that the Lord has not led me in that way but if He did, then He would have a good reason for doing that and I would find out why.

Other than that, I agree totally with cryinthenite and appolus.

Mike

2011/9/8 23:30Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Amen brothers, may the Lord lead us all by His mighty Spirit, whether in a "traditional" setting or a newer "house" setting or in a park, a prison, a cave or whatever. He is sovereign and will work mightily in the lives of His people when they seek Him with a whole heart.

2011/9/8 23:42Profile

Re:

Oracio writes.........

"Amen brothers, may the Lord lead us all by His mighty Spirit, whether in a "traditional" setting or a newer "house" setting or in a park, a prison, a cave or whatever. He is sovereign and will work mightily in the lives of His people when they seek Him with a whole heart."

Brothers, I see the gracious work of the Holy Spirit enacted in this thread. When all is done in love and truth then there is a beautiful unity.

" He is sovereign and will work mightily in the lives of His people when they seek Him with a whole heart."

Ah brothers, perhaps the key to the whole problem , " when we seek Him with our whole hearts." And so, with the high praises of God in our mouths, may this thread have done a good work. Those who love Truth, and who seek God with their whole hearts and who seek to raise Him up, and Him alone, find that they are in perfect unity, despite a myriad of backgrounds and traditions........brother Frank

Psa 133:1-3
(1) A Song of degrees of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
(2) It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
(3) As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

2011/9/9 0:29
brothergary

Re:

amen ilove to see a disusion end like this

2011/9/9 4:56Profile
Vibrant

Re: Obey Your Leaders and Submit To Them (Heb. 13:17) by Zac Poonen

Regarding this: " So you must commit yourself totally to some local church; otherwise, you will not grow spiritually", this is very well-meaning but not correct. Most of my own walk with God in the Lord Jesus Christ has been alone, with and in Him. I am very satisfied with the spiritual growth He has produced in me, and the fruit, and in the fellowshipping that He has provided with other brothers and sisters in Christ while being "committed" to the Church of Jesus Christ. I have grown without being "part of a local church", most of the time. While being part of a local church on occasions, my growth in God was far less than when not part of a "local church". Growth comes far more from doing this: to believe in the One He (God) has sent (John 6:29), and maturity is best described in this one verse: "Those who are led by the Spirit of God are the (mature) sons of God". (Romans 8:14)...so the Godly order set forth here is that mature sonship has a lot to do with being led by the Holy Spirit. ...We have been grafted into His vine, by His grace, through His enormous love...are we to slow down then by pushing good or well-meaning ideas, or to be led by the Holy Spirit, the same Spirit by whom Jesus was raised from the dead? Go where the Holy Spirit tells you, into the lives of those He leads you to, and freely give. And there will be divine order, and flourishing growth.

2011/11/22 13:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy