SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What happens at the point of death?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re: Rev.6:9

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word if God and the testimony they had maintained.

Based on this text these folks were already in heaven after they had been martyred. They were carrying on a conscience dialogue with God as they were asking when he would avenge their blood. The rest of the text provides the answer.

Blaine

2011/9/3 9:46
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

We can apply this following to cremation, to those who went down at sea because the Bible tells us "the sea gave up the dead which we in it." It doesn't matter where your minute body particles are at in this earth, the earth will have to give them up one day! Hallelujah!

God bless,
Lisa

2011/9/3 11:11Profile
Questor

Re: Death and Resurrection

Please remember that there are two resurections and two judgements...one judgement of those who died in Yeshua at the Bema, and at another occasion, those that are raised to the White Throne Judgement, including many who were righteous in older covenants.

Those who died after Christ's death, and the covenant made in His blood will indeed be with Him from the moment of death, for we are with Him now.

Q

2011/9/3 20:00Profile
Pandarus

Queensland, Australia

Hmmmm. Questor, you wouldn't be an ardent Missler fan at all would you!? Good on you brother!

I don't believe the actualy particles are resurrected. Can't be.

If I die and am created, and the ashes make plant food, which so happens to be an apple tree. An alive person then eats the apple, and then dies. He is cremated and scattered over a fruit grove that produces oranges. Which are then eaten by live people.....

See the point? Not possible.

The creator created and he will create. Simple to me.

2011/9/4 7:45Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Even if you weren't cremated it still doesn't make sense, this would imply that all Christians buried won't go through any kind of decompisition when they are placed in the ground. This would be disproved by digging up a well decayed Christian grave, eventually even the bones are taken by this process, we will receive a new body completely. Unless ofcourse those that have been long dead won't receive salvation due to their bodies not surviving the process.

2011/9/4 8:22Profile
Questor

Re: The resurrestion of the body

I am positive that YHVH's memory will include the exact structure of my DNA...I merely hope for the best possible
version of that DNA being exemplified in my new body.

Oh to be young, and full of energy again...!

Q

2011/9/5 0:06Profile

Re:

All of you coped out on answering Daniel 12:2.

2011/9/5 23:51
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

As I see it, from scriptures quoted, including those that seem to evoke more questions then answers, my opinion is that exactly what happens after a heart quits beating, and the body goes into a decomposition mode is all up to God. The details are in his control. All persons can choose how he will care for your soul upon death, beyond that it is in his control. How he will do it all, we may not know exactly and in no way will we have any authority to tell him how he should do it. So, I do not think I will worry about it.

When we buried our 25 YO daughter, put the diseased body into that casket and it was placed in a vault and buried, I knew she was NOT in that casket. It was only the 'house' she inhabited while on her journey through life. We see buildings around us that are falling apart and need to be torn down and destroyed. So it is with the human body, except that it is sacred and still needs to be reverenced because it does bear the image of God. But it has outlived its usefulness and now we await a new 'house', one that God will provide and near His image as well. I do not care how He will accomplish this but do know it will exceed our expectations. :-)

My opinion...

2011/9/6 13:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy