SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : feminism and college and a paper

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Good one, Ginny (on breast cancer). I believe you are right on that one. That is a big coverup.

By the way, I know some ladies that know their football, so that statement is definitely male chauvinistic. Knowing football has nothing to do with gender, but rather an interest in football.

Ok, next...

How about this one. Most double-blind studies which result in how much medicine to prescribe to an individual are done on men.

Yes, men. Did you know that?

So, the medicine prescriptions for women, are derived from double-blind studies on men (a majority of the time).

This poses problems for women. They do have different bodies than men (you can say that again). And they have more hormones so these double blind studies and the results of them, usually determine an over prescribed or under prescribed dosage for women (depending on the medicine).

Double blind studies for the same ailment or disease should be done on women, too. And different prescriptions should be administered for each, respectively.

Now, that is definitely a woman's issue and there is discrimination involved. To discriminate just means to be selective. It's not a bad word, but it could be a bad practice depending on the context.

I choose to be very discriminating in what I eat while I live with these bushmen in Australia for two weeks.

It will probably end up being a two week fast!@@!!

Just-in

2011/9/2 17:30
Questor

Re: Feminism Paper

Another few juicy topics to search within would be on Sharia Law as it treats women, and also perhaps the circumcision of females in tribal cultures.

It would not hurt to state in your paper that you are neither macho, nor feminist, but an equalitarian in regards to all issues that are not already gender neutral.

In this type of class one need only point out those things you agree with, and be silent on what you do not agree with.

Please recall that you are there to learn what the teacher wants you to learn. You need not advertise your beliefs verbally, but to walk them out in Yeshua.

Yeshua stated that 'we are to be as wise as serpents, but as harmless as doves'. Walking softly in a class about feminism is to be applauded.

Q

2011/9/3 23:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy