SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bush: I will bring peace to Middle East

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Bush: I will bring peace to Middle East

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

President George W Bush yesterday predicted that he would bring peace between Israel and the Palestinians during his second term in office, making a strikingly bold assessment of his foreign-policy goals for the next four years.

"I want you to know that I am going to invest a lot of time and a lot of creative thinking so that there will finally be peace between Israel and the Palestinians," Mr Bush told the Israeli newspaper Yedioth Aharonoth.

"I am convinced that, during this term, I will manage to bring peace."

Mr Bush entered the White House determined not to follow the path of his predecessor, Bill Clinton, who devoted much of his presidency to an ultimately fruitless search for an end to the conflict.

But as he prepares for the start of his second term next month, Mr Bush sees the elusive quest as a principal ambition of his presidency.

2004/12/20 23:01Profile

Re: Bush: I will bring peace to Middle East

I can see that, after all he said that he was a "war president".

As we have seen in previous attempts with dealing with the middle east, peace talks are cheap, you need an aggressive force to bring stability in an unstable region.

Even though we know this from a worldly point of view, yet the same thing holds true in the Spirit.

Its the violent that take the kingdom of God by force.

Karl

2005/3/25 20:50
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Bush: I will bring peace to Middle East

Quote:
"I am convinced that, during this term, I will manage to bring peace."

In fairness to Mr Bush, this was not peace to the Middle East but 'peace' between the Israelis and the Palestinians. Even so it is an extraordinary statement, and is going to take much more that an investment in 'a lot of time and creative thinking'.

2005/3/26 3:34Profile
Compton

Re: ominous words...

Quote:
President George W Bush yesterday predicted that he would bring peace between Israel and the Palestinians during his second term in office,..."I am convinced that, during this term, I will manage to bring peace."

MC

2005/3/26 5:03Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

well we know one ting for sure, whoever brings peace to those two nations will be the antiChrist...

who can make war against the bush...well saddam kinda tried (forced into it) but failed...

2005/4/1 0:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy