SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What Would You Do?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

There is a lot more to the situation here than I can discuss on a public forum. My wife supports whatever decision I make. We are united.

If I knew what the Holy Spirit was telling me to do I wouldnt be on this forum asking what you thought... lol.

Krispy

2011/8/30 10:28

Re: What Would You Do?

This is a classic example of why we should be very careful to the swearing of an oath. ["the commitment"], but we all have done so from time to time, to our own hurt.

The righteous man is one "In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD.

"!! He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.!!"

You have sworn to your own hurt...but what makes it even weightier, you have sworn to fellow believers in Christ. This should never mean that you should remain in an activity that causes you to sin, that you have committed to, or see your conscious violated .

Basically, as I see it, this has become more of an inconvenience to you, than a conviction. You could easily take some sleep time away from yourself, for more time with the Lord, and wedge every second possible into your family, and gut it out to keep your word.

It matters that you keep your word, a lot...Thus the admonition: ABOVE ALL!:............James 5:12

"But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.!"

You risk falling under condemnations, and possibly by weaker brothers that you made this commitment to. 11 weeks is not long at all...Bear your cross, and ask God to make up the difference in family life and devotion, and I bet He will...and keep your word.

You ought to express yourself, without complaining, to your companions in this organization, in love, of the whys that you do not agree upon.[ [Knowing you, Krispy, you have already done so in your meek and indirect way...lol..;).

I think you would feel better about yourself...and have a fully clear conscious in the matter.

Job 31:5-7
King James Version (KJV)

5. "If I have walked with vanity, or if my foot hath hasted to deceit;

6. "Let me be weighed in an even balance that God may know mine integrity."

Keeping our word, and HIS, to the very best of our ability, is a central part of what integrity is. It is the pathway to Godly Character..which by faith will bring about wide open doors into Heaven....

P.S. It's been a joy to meet you on this forum, and I appreciate your desire to walk with God in a pure way....Tom

2011/8/30 10:31

Re:

Quote:
Basically, as I see it, this has become more of an inconvenience to you, than a conviction.

Well, see here is where the whole picture is not able to come thru. I dont know who all reads this forum, so I have to be careful how much info I give.

Suffice it to say that there has been, in my opinion, failures among certain individuals of influence that could have a negative spiritual effect on some young people. As of right now no action is being taken to rectify the situation, only a "sweeping under the rug" type of thing.

Things like that I did not committ to.

And on top of that, more has been "dumped" onto my plate than I had originially agreed to.

So, I could not have seen the "failure" issue coming and it would seem to me that others not wanting to do their part and pull their own weight so that it causes me to neglect my family and effect my relationship with the Lord was not part of the bargain.

Is that really not a breach of agreement on THEIR part?

Krispy

Krispy

2011/8/30 10:43

Joining in with darkness....???

"Is that really not a breach of agreement on THEIR part?"KK

Definitely Yes...it is a breach of the covenant that you agreed to. The agreed commitment that you made involved serving the Lord, and the Bible says that we are to have no fellowship with immorality....and not to EAT with a greedy brother or one involved in sexual sin....To separate ourselves from this.

Also, the "dumping" of the time consuming duties upon you, was not part of your agreement. It looks like manipulation to me, and the child of God is not to be manipulated,[if he or she can help it...] as it is a form of witchcraft.

We must always obey God before man; every time, no matter what we have got ourselves into. In this instance, I see that this departure is part of holy conviction, not inconvenience as I first read.

Timothy 5:22
22. "Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure."

We are not to fellowship darkness in any way, or to agree with it, and many, many have stumbled in this way, by joining in with others partaking in a sin, and are counted, by agreement, as partaking in the same sin.

This could be what your feeling, and if so....well, you have to leave.BT

2011/8/30 11:12

Re: Joining in with darkness....???

Good word, Tom

Krispy

2011/8/30 11:25

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy