SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What Would You Do?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

What Would You Do?

Suppose you belong to a Christian organization. You see 2 problems.

1)From a Biblical stand point you do not agree with some of the decisions that are being made.

2)Your involvement is eating up all of your time to the point where it is effecting not only your family and the amount of time you spend with them, but also your relationship with God due to not having time for “prayer closet” time.

In 11 weeks your commitment will end.

Would you quit now and just walk away in order to get things back to normal with your family and God? Or would you finish out the commitment?

Krispy

2011/8/29 10:09
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: What Would You Do?

I would finish the commitment, and pray the Lord grants me the capacity to do so along with the ability to not neglect my family and enter the prayer closet.

2011/8/29 11:57Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Involvement is the key thing here not disagreeing with decisions. If your time is being eaten up and affecting your family than you need to either cut it out outright or cut it in half. People spend too much time involving themselves in so much stuff that they spread themselves thin and their family pays for it. The church isn't going to mend your family back together, YOU ARE. Your reason for walking away is your family and if that cannot be understood then the organization has problems unless they help you cut your time down.

2011/8/29 14:08Profile
mguldner

Kansas

hum, 11 weeks is quite a bit. I would ask my wife and children first off their thoughts not really on the situation but on not seeing you so much, assess from there. My dad and I started up a prayer meeting once and it cut right into times with our wifes and eventually they got tired of it and started complaining, at that point our prayers were literally hindered. So we stopped meeting so often and spent more time with our wives, this turned out to be the wiser choice. Your relationship with God is between you and Him and so I think you already have an idea what you want to do based off of that.

I worked at a church and at the beginning of my ministry I hadn't really formed opinions and thoughts of my own concerning scriptures I eventually found I disagreed with the churches doctrines in place, in time I disagreed with the wrong doctrine and they forced me out, which was okay because I had been praying the Lord make a way out should He desire it and will it.

Perhaps that is what you should ask the Lord to do, to open an exit if its within His will to do so. :) I hope it all works out.

2011/8/29 14:42Profile
Questor

God,Family,Ministry,Self.

If you arrange your options any other way, you will not survive as the person you want to be.

By the way, have you got 11 weeks?

And they are breaking your rules in their decision making?

Q

2011/8/29 15:10Profile
flameoffire

Michigan

Re:

There is no easy answer to this one. I was in a very similar situation and the solution was and continues to be difficult. Would it be possible to take your situation to leadership and discuss it with them? Perhaps there is a half-way measure that could be reached that would enable you to satisfy your commitment and spend more time with your family and God. It's possible that they could "release" you from the commitment if that's what you desire. It sounds as if you would quit if it wasn't for the commitment. I will pray that the Lord gives you wisdom.

2011/8/29 16:18Profile
mehamgul101

Re:

i do a job in IT sector for the earning purpose

2011/8/30 6:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

"In 11 weeks your commitment will end."

I have no clue what you should do - or maybe I do...

However, I would look at the term 'commitment'. Was this a formal agreement? If you were to discontinue your involvement would it involve breaking a contract of some kind? Seems to me this aspect of your connection should be looked at seriously. Moderns do not take commitments seriously - the old folks used to, their word was their bond. Many moderns today make commitments carelessly - we all do - and then pay later with regrets.

You just may have to ask the LORD for a supernatural infusion of grace in order to maintain your commitment.

My thoughts...

EDIT: Scripture talks about 'truce breakers' - would that apply here? Was your initial commitment a violation of some aspect of God's Word?

Something to think about.

2011/8/30 9:15Profile

Re:

No contracts.

Personally, looking at the situation, part of breaking the committment would likely make more of a statement that what I see going on is wrong and needs to be changed... and that I will not be a part or participate in the wrong that is being done.

Krispy

2011/8/30 9:39
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

And your family? Your wife? what do they say?

Last, but not least, what is the Holy Spirit telling you?

2011/8/30 9:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy