SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : PERSECUTION??

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
saintchaser

PERSECUTION??

Strange, I was under the distinct understanding that as a believer this is my standing in the world.
"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."(Mat.5:10) followed by verses 11 & 12,"Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." (NKJ)
Grab a good dose of I Peter 4, paying attention to verses 12 - 19.
Since we are bought with the precious blood of Jesus, and we are not our own, cannot our God have His way with us as He chooses? Does the clay say to the potter, why have you made me thus?
It's time for us to grow up in the Lord.
His by much mercy, love and grace, chas

2011/8/26 18:43Profile

Re: PERSECUTION??

Excellent post. 2 Tim.3:12 says that EVERYONE who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus WILL BE PERSECUTED. That begs the question. If I am not being persecuted is my life godly???? Something to think about.

Blaine

2011/8/28 12:38
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

It really is a good question.

Luk 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Persecution can be a relative thing. I have been made fun of and given the cold shoulder because of my walk with Christ. I have never been tortured, hunted down, beaten, and etc. as many believers around the world have been. But I live in the USA where the violent persecution is not so prevalent. But it may come soon!

2011/8/28 19:08Profile

Re: Twayneb

At least you are standing for Jesus brother and the devil has taken notice. Persecution does not have to be to the extreme as in foreign countries. I know of two Christians who are being persecuted because of their stand for righteousness in the workplace. The persecution has come in the form of unjust evaluations, denied raises or promotions, ugly comments by coworkers, and basic disrespect. These two people love Jesus and walk with integrety but are hated by Satan. The devil works that hatred through their cowrkers. So indeed one can suffer persecution in this country even in their walk with Christ.

Blaine

2011/9/3 12:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy